Windows 10: Feedback required on BIOS and the POST at bootup when PC is powered on

Discus and support Feedback required on BIOS and the POST at bootup when PC is powered on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. Sometimes, when I press the power button on my Desktop PC the power button light comes on and I can here everything firing up (fan etc) but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Feedback required on BIOS and the POST at bootup when PC is powered on

Hi all.
    Sometimes, when I press the power button on my Desktop PC the power button light comes on and I can here everything firing up (fan etc) but the monitor remains black for several seconds and nothing happens. Then the PC switches itself off again (I can hear the fan turning itself off). The power light on the front of the PC then goes out for 2 to 3 seconds then turns itself back on. After its done this it always boots into Windows without a problem. This doesn't happen on every boot up. Maybe 1 in every 5 or more bootups.
    Is this normal? Does it happen on any of the PC's that you guys have? Tech Support have told me that this is perfectly normal but its something Ive never noticed before on any other PC's that Ive owned.

:)

sportsfan148, Apr 16, 2019

2. Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Apr 16, 2019
  3. No Bootup or POST on MB with Error Code D0 (Hex) WIndows 1809

My Z170A (MSI Gaming M7) Motherboard is now BRICKED!!!!

This (BRICKED) problem didn't happen straight away after 1809 update. There were numerous screen/display problems since 1809 with the display crashing, noise bars, black blocks and sometimes BSOD immediately after bootup into Desktop which I reported through
    Feedback Hub.

I can only get the PC to bootup now by doing BIOS Flashback+ and continuing into Windows directly after the reflashing BIOS then pressing F2 button. Once I shut down, the PC will not bootup again. I get D0 (Late CPU Initialization) on HEX display on MB
    when I try to power up/bootup. No POST, Nothing. Just D0 (Hex) and a few LEDs lit on MB.

I have changed PSU, Tested the PSU voltages, changed RAM and checked the CPU (6700K) There are no bent pins or shorts.
    Once the PC is booted up as per BIOS Flashback+ the PC functions normally. UNTIL IT IS SHUT DOWN. Then the PC refuses to bootup, No POST nothing. Only a few LEDs lit on MB.

This surely must be an Intel Chipset issue or something as the BIOS (latest) was in operation for months prior to Windows 10 1809 update.

Could you please tell me if a fix is being prepared.

MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M7 - BIOS E7976IMS.1L0 (Latest)

CPU: Intel 6700K

RAM: Corsair DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz

GPU: MSI R9 390 (removed for troubleshooting). Now using IGP

PSU: Thermeltake Toughpower 750W

Monitor: iiyama 4k 40inch

***Moved from Windows 10 / sleep and Power on/off***

SamAbeywardene, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Feedback required on BIOS and the POST at bootup when PC is powered on

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Feedback required on BIOS and the POST at bootup when PC is powered on

1. Feedback required on BIOS and the POST at bootup when PC is powered on - Similar Threads - Feedback required BIOS

2. Motherboard no power or POST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard no power or POST: I recently built an retro gaming pc with MSI ms-7596 760GM-E51. when I plug in the 24-pin power and 4 pin power, it didn't post, I have already checked things like switch on the PSU and plugged in the front panel POWER SW to its right orientation, and even tried a different...
  3. Motherboard no power or POST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard no power or POST: I recently built an retro gaming pc with MSI ms-7596 760GM-E51. when I plug in the 24-pin power and 4 pin power, it didn't post, I have already checked things like switch on the PSU and plugged in the front panel POWER SW to its right orientation, and even tried a different...
  4. The feedback hub doesn't let I post any feedback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The feedback hub doesn't let I post any feedback: I already find help on the technical support, but nothing of my problem was resolved, the problem is my account was locked on the feedback hub only, it happen when my feedback begin to popularize, so I need useful help Link of the old post on the technical support: The...
  5. The feedback hub doesn't let I post any feedback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The feedback hub doesn't let I post any feedback: I already find help on the technical support, but nothing of my problem was resolved, the problem is my account was locked on the feedback hub only, it happen when my feedback begin to popularize, so I need useful help Link of the old post on the technical support: The...
  6. No Visual when bootup

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Visual when bootup: Lately, when booting my machine at the start of the day, I get no visual on the VDU. There are all the usual sounds which accompany the boot process but no images on screen. I have found that switching the machine off at the wall and restarting after a pause hard boot solves...
  7. PC stuck at POST (Power-On Self-Test)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC stuck at POST (Power-On Self-Test): Hello So i ran into a weird issue today. When i powered on my PC it got stuck at the POST (Power-On Self-Test) screen just before you enter the OS. After 3-4 minutes it loaded into the OS. I had this issue back on Windows 7 also. I'm thinking it's the HDD. I have 2 HDDs :...
  8. Powering down PC resets BIOS

Powering down PC resets BIOS: Hi guys, weird issue here and hoping someone has any ideas to why. I typically remove power from my PC whenever I go out of town due to power outages that sometimes plague my area (yes, I have a UPS, still…). Down time here was 3 days. Anyway, after restoring power and...
  9. No BIOS Post and Blank Screen

No BIOS Post and Blank Screen: I've got a Dell Inspiron One 2205 All-in-One computer that shows no signs of life except that it is receiving power. It was working fine one moment then, later on in the day when I started it again, nothing happened. When the power switch is pressed, it turns orange but...
  10. HELP! No BIOS at bootup, PC only shows mobile display

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP! No BIOS at bootup, PC only shows mobile display: These are my PC Specs: CPU: 5960X Mobo: ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME GPU: GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 2800 XMP Strange behavior. I booted up my PC and not only did it not display the BIOS, but the post beep did not sound. I hear another beep normally, but I think that's related to an...