Windows 10: Feedback: Screen saver settings getting reset on every major update

Discus and support Feedback: Screen saver settings getting reset on every major update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This isn't a question. I just finished looking all over this site for a place to simply leave feedback on Windows 10. Failed to find any such place.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChetarRuby, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Feedback: Screen saver settings getting reset on every major update

This isn't a question. I just finished looking all over this site for a place to simply leave feedback on Windows 10. Failed to find any such place. Does Microsoft not want user feedback?

Getting some anyway. Every time Microsoft sends out a major update to Windows 10 (seems to occur about once every 6 months) all my screen saver settings get reset to default.

Please stop doing this. I know you tried to bury the screen saver deep inside the OS so nearly no one can find it or even know it exists, but it does exist and some of us still like to use it.

My computer just updated itself to 1903 today, and low-and-behold, my 3D Text screen saver's text got reset back to say 'Windows 10' instead of the custom text I had put. All it's other settings were also reset to defaults. Please stop doing this. Please leave it the way I have it.

As an additional feedback, please unbury the screen saver. It used to be on Display properties, then it disappeared from there, but could be found on the Theme screen of the Settings app, now it's gone from there too. The only way I know to find it is to literally type 'screen saver' into the Settings search box. This is stupid. Please put it somewhere easy to get at, like back on the Theme screen.

ps. Not subscribing to this thread, just leaving my feedback. I'll take my reply in the next update with the fixed screen saver. Thanks!

:)

ChetarRuby, Aug 14, 2019
  2. PEZ
    Pez Win User

Screen Saver

Hi all.

I have Windows 10, 64 bit, latest updates/ build.

This past week, my screen saver won't come on.

I always have my screen saver set to come on after 1 minute of inactivity.

I've made no major hardware/ software changes to my system recently.

From some general searching I did on the 'Net, one of the culprits of interference of a screen saver not coming on is pending Windows Updates. But when I check Settings/ Updates & Security, there is nothing pending, I am up-to-date.

Another culprit can sometimes be a faulty mouse, in which the computer "thinks" it picks up movement from the mouse. I have an optical mouse, a Razer Deathadder; I checked the optical lens on the bottom, no dust or hairs blocking the view.

I even came across something saying to check your Power settings. Personally, I always have had my Power settings set to:
    Display: Never Turn Off
    Hard disc (computer to sleep): Never Off

I've done it this way for years with the screen saver coming on after 1 minute of inactivity with no problems. One of the suggestions of Power Settings is to accept Windows suggestion for it (something like 30 minutes monitor; 2 hours hard disc); it didn't help, screen saver still not coming on.

Is there a little test/ command line prompt that can be run to determine what may be interfering with the screen saver coming on?

For now, the only way I can get it to come on is after launching the screen saver interface, from the drop-down menu selecting a screen saver, then clicking on the Preview button.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

3. screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Feedback: Screen saver settings getting reset on every major update

Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

Hi Jim,

The issue you encountered with screen saver can be due to incorrect screen saver settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried changing the screen saver settings?
    • Are you trying to off the the screen saver?

Meanwhile, you can follow these steps to turn off your screen saver:

• Open Settings and Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen, scroll down and choose Screen saver settings.
    • Choose None in the drop-down menu.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Feedback: Screen saver settings getting reset on every major update

1. Feedback: Screen saver settings getting reset on every major update - Similar Threads - Feedback Screen saver

2. Bug in "Screen Saver Settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug in "Screen Saver Settings": If a user does not have any image files in their "Libraries\Pictures" folder, the user is given a repeating error message in "Screen Saver Settings". See the screenshot below. [ATTACH]...
  3. Windows 10 Major Updates Resetting My Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Major Updates Resetting My Settings: Why is it exactly that every time Windows 10 has a "major update", all of my carefully set settings are wiped out and reset??? Let me first point out that this is NOT the same as some of the other posts on this site, where the system has created a copy of the profile...
  4. Screen saver setting no work

Screen saver setting no work: When the screen saver option loads, it doesn't work, same with backgrounds. Waiting does not work.[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-setting-no-work/cd39cf15-1168-4cc2-9642-7c1ad7356f2a
  5. how to change screen saver settings

how to change screen saver settings: want to change amount of time before screen saver turns on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-screen-saver-settings/0b1bf1e5-ce2b-499b-b89a-477afd7195cc
  6. My backup settings are resets after every Windows major update

My backup settings are resets after every Windows major update: I use "Backup using File History" feature to backing up folders to another drive, and after every Windows major update their settings will resets. I mean what my folders are no longer backing up after update anymore. Is it normal behavior? If yes, so, it is possible to make...
  7. Screen Saver Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Saver Settings: I have a Windows 10 version 1809 and when doing some testing on screen saver settings for 2 minutes before going to a screen saver with a password. on my test computer via GPO one of the GP spilled over to my production computer. I have removed the GPO and the from the...
  8. Screen Saver Settings

Screen Saver Settings: My Screen Saver Settings get reset every time I reboot. Specially, the "tick" in "on resume, Display log-on screen" gets unticked so that my screen doesn't lock. Any idea how I can stop this happening?...
  9. Win10 Feature Updates alter Screen Saver Settings

Win10 Feature Updates alter Screen Saver Settings: Every Win10 feature update has changed screensaver settings: From: 3DText | Time | high large slow wobble To: 3DText | Windows 10 | all 4 settings changed If it were just one computer & 1 user it would not be an issue, but 5 computers with multiple users is an...
  10. after update can't get out of screen saver.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    after update can't get out of screen saver.: After the major 10 update yesterday, the only way I can get out of my screen saver is cntl-alt-del. Anyone else have this problem? Solution? thanks, willie 82852

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen saver setting get reset after update