Windows 10: Feedback - Update RDP Application for 2FA

Discus and support Feedback - Update RDP Application for 2FA in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As Microsoft has introduced passwordless authentication for accounts, the RDP application needs to be updated to integrate 2FA/MFA.Reference:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sonic331va, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Feedback - Update RDP Application for 2FA

As Microsoft has introduced passwordless authentication for accounts, the RDP application needs to be updated to integrate 2FA/MFA.Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-go-passwordless-with-your-microsoft-account-674ce301-3574-4387-a93d-916751764c43

:)

sonic331va, Nov 4, 2021

2. Unable to launch applications in RDP session

Issue: User is unable to launch applications when connected to a device through RDP

To clarify:

RDP connection itself is successful. User is can access device. But when user clicks an application, it does not launch.

User IS able to launch applications when signed into destination device directly.

Other users are not encountering issues opening applications when connected via RDP on the same devices.

Issue seems to occur only on this users specific profile.

Any suggestions?

Magan Zanella, Nov 4, 2021
  3. windows update forces double logon for 2fa users when accessing vms

As an organization that is completely VDI. We encourage users to just disconnect their RDP sessions and pick back up from home, or the next time they come back into the office. most of our users are on 1709 ( since September/October). Well sometime in January
    we received an update and all of our users who are on the latest and greatest of win10 1709 are forced to sign in twice. To be clear this only happens when the VM's are "locked". This happens when the user disconnects from the session by closing their RDP
    session.

We use authlite for 2FA, which has us put a username-authcode or password-authcode to log into the computer.

when the computer has just rebooted (and isn't in a state of locked) the rdp session will log directly into the vm. Which tells me there is something happening on the vm it's self with it's software that is not handing off the 2fa authcode correctly to the
    AD system to let the user in. The thing is, IF we try to connect to the vm that requires the 2FA code without doing a username-code or password-code we get an error message saying that the useraccount could not be validated (as a legitimate user). So we
    put in the 2fa code it authorizes our user, but the windows 10 isn't letting us past the lock screen.

Please assist !

Definitely going to want to get this resolved before this is apart of the standard release of windows 10.

LeeAlderman, Nov 4, 2021
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Feedback - Update RDP Application for 2FA

How to auto-set Application Mode (dark-light)?

Hi,

You have to toggle it manually to change the Application Mode, we understand that is more convenient if there is an option to do it automatically. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We suggest that you send us a feedback by following these
    steps.

• On Cortana, type Feedback.
    • Choose Personalization and Ease of Access.
    • Select Input personalization.
    • You can vote if your suggestion is listed or can send us new feedback.

Rest assures that our Engineering team will do necessary action to improve Microsoft products.

Regards.

Marby Rey, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

Feedback - Update RDP Application for 2FA

1. Feedback - Update RDP Application for 2FA - Similar Threads - Feedback Update RDP

2. Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work": Yesterday I followed MS's procedure to remove a login password in favor of 2FA MS Authenticator on my phone. I also spent $99 to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, only because I want to use RDP to access my Windows system from my Mac. So far, after hours of changing this and...
  3. Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work": Yesterday I followed MS's procedure to remove a login password in favor of 2FA MS Authenticator on my phone. I also spent $99 to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, only because I want to use RDP to access my Windows system from my Mac. So far, after hours of changing this and...
  4. reset 2FA

reset 2FA: Hi,I have just been asked to approve a user of the team, as our senior technician left. I do not have the 2FA app setup on my new phone as they used to look into that.So, we cannot get into active directory to process anything.Any help with this?Kind regards...
  5. reset 2FA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reset 2FA: Hi,I have just been asked to approve a user of the team, as our senior technician left. I do not have the 2FA app setup on my new phone as they used to look into that.So, we cannot get into active directory to process anything.Any help with this?Kind regards...
  6. 2FA on account

2FA on account: Hi, I wanted to add 2FA on a microsoft account. I use the default mail app on 2 windows 10 pc's with outlook email addresses. I assumed when I activated 2FA that I would need to create an app password for each of the pc's. Do they need new app passwords or will they continue...
  7. 2FA on account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    2FA on account: Hi, I wanted to add 2FA on a microsoft account. I use the default mail app on 2 windows 10 pc's with outlook email addresses. I assumed when I activated 2FA that I would need to create an app password for each of the pc's. Do they need new app passwords or will they continue...
  8. Feedback - Update RDP Application for 2FA

Feedback - Update RDP Application for 2FA: As Microsoft has introduced passwordless authentication for accounts, the RDP application needs to be updated to integrate 2FA/MFA.Reference:...
  9. 2FA is disabled but Microsoft asks me for 2FA

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2FA is disabled but Microsoft asks me for 2FA: I was going to sign in to Visual Studio 2019 with my Microsoft Account and then was prompted to use 2 Factor Auth. using the Authenticator App and I realized that it was not completely setup, meaning that Microsoft is asking for 2FA when I have not enabled mobile sign in. And...
  10. Unable to launch applications in RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to launch applications in RDP session: Issue: User is unable to launch applications when connected to a device through RDP To clarify: RDP connection itself is successful. User is can access device. But when user clicks an application, it does not launch. User IS able to launch applications when signed into...