Windows 10: Feel like a rejected Beta Tester. Ain't nothing like a free lunch, I suppose.

Discus and support Feel like a rejected Beta Tester. Ain't nothing like a free lunch, I suppose. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; To cut a long story short, my partner and I were one of the 'lucky' ones who got the Windows 10 download free when it first got launched. Big leap of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by peakdata, Jun 20, 2019.

1. peakdata Win User

Feel like a rejected Beta Tester. Ain't nothing like a free lunch, I suppose.

To cut a long story short, my partner and I were one of the 'lucky' ones who got the Windows 10 download free when it first got launched. Big leap of faith when one has to commit to a totally new OS. Imagine my surprise when I got ditched a few months ago with the ''your version is out of date, you must upgrade to a new version'' sing-song.

I am sure in the months following our free download, Microsoft has had tremendous Beta testing from us in some form and the least it could do is to just upgrade us to a new version. I say this, not because I am a freeloader but when a tech company gives you an operating system without the product key, then it is obvious they have locked you into some sort of safety valve at their end and they need to cut you loose if a New upload is to be made possible. All the 0x...whatmecallits have got to come from their system somehow.

Why else are so many people trouble shooting?

This must explain why I am getting error messages because I have bought a new HOME VERSION but for some reason it can't finish the download. To add insult to injury, it cheekily directs me to the PRO VERSION as an alternative to my download woes. Well how can I buy two versions in one day, when I haven't even used the NEW HOME VERSION yet? I must admit, Microsoft had not put a foot wrong with me until yesterday but now I am fuming!

I am no Tech Wizard but I swear by my networks knowledge that somebody needs to get some tools and a hacksaw into the operating system. They have knowingly or unknowingly latched on to certain subscribers with some files that only they can give permission to. If they ease up on those, all the downloads will go as planned. What is the point in being an administrator if my dashboard is impotent.

Fuming like a steam engine this end. I got smoke coming out of my ears and steam off my keypad. LOL.

:)

peakdata, Jun 20, 2019

2. Rewards for Beta testers

When will the rewards to beta testers will be given since on 23rd June Beta testing board will be closed until the next test.

vinay19882, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Are we Beta testing the N97 for Nokia?

Can we ask Nokia for a list of Beta testers contact details so we can ask them why they approved a product with so many problems, Most software companies list beta testers in the credits, so come on Nokia, let us than the Beta testers for the work they
    have done....................Not

fishfingers---01, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Feel like a rejected Beta Tester. Ain't nothing like a free lunch, I suppose.

Microsoft Releases Windows Vista SP1 Beta to Select Testers

In contrast to the previous testing program, Microsoft recently released the most up-to-date code of its operating system to a small, hand-picked selection of people. SP1 is designed to enhance current features found in Vista, rather than add new ones. Among the most noticeable improvements to Vista in SP1:
    • Overall performance has increased markedly.
    • Several stability issues have been fixed
    • Network compatibility/speed has been tweaked
    There is no word as to whether or not there will be a public version of this update. Anyone who has been chosen as a beta tester will most likely get the update through Windows Update.

Source: Dailytech

zekrahminator, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Feel like a rejected Beta Tester. Ain't nothing like a free lunch, I suppose.

1. Feel like a rejected Beta Tester. Ain't nothing like a free lunch, I suppose. - Similar Threads - Feel rejected Beta

2. I feel like I'm being spied on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I feel like I'm being spied on.: Sometimes my laptop suddenly says "Camera on", and then it says after a second it says "Camera off". What is this? I just got this laptop a few days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-feel-like-im-being-spied-on/7fa90f13-fe16-4762-b160-7ff9fdfacd87
  3. I feel like I'm being spied on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I feel like I'm being spied on.: Sometimes my laptop suddenly says "Camera on", and then it says after a second it says "Camera off". What is this? I just got this laptop a few days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-feel-like-im-being-spied-on/7fa90f13-fe16-4762-b160-7ff9fdfacd87
  4. is this bad? I feel like this is bad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is this bad? I feel like this is bad: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JwildbeastPS4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ugef7q/is_this_bad_i_feel_like_this_is_bad/
  5. Windows 11 feels like a downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 feels like a downgrade: I don't understand the point of the whole Windows 11 Insider Program, all I see are tons of useful features removed from Windows 10. It genuinely feels like a downgrade from Windows 10.See Screenshot Below Can't group apps in Start Menu anymoreSee Screenshot Below Half of the...
  6. Windows 11 feels like a downgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 feels like a downgrade: I don't understand the point of the whole Windows 11 Insider Program, all I see are tons of useful features removed from Windows 10. It genuinely feels like a downgrade from Windows 10.See Screenshot Below Can't group apps in Start Menu anymoreSee Screenshot Below Half of the...
  7. I think settings is not supposed to be like this

in Windows 10 Customization
    I think settings is not supposed to be like this: what the title says is the descriptionSome extra info: Windows settings was like this after an update so maybe the update did something to it?...
  8. I feel like windows search isn't supposed to take the wole screen like that......It's been...

I feel like windows search isn't supposed to take the wole screen like that......It's been...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TomCoperations [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfgywi/i_feel_like_windows_search_isnt_supposed_to_take/
  9. Mouse movement feels like it's on ice?

Mouse movement feels like it's on ice?: Anyone else? Happens both ingame and in desktop. I've got accel turned off and have tried too many times to fix it. submitted by /u/piggok [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fyix3s/mouse_movement_feels_like_its_on_ice/
  10. I feel like a fool but..

in Windows 10 Support
    I feel like a fool but..: So i have been checking this forum out for a while. Learned alot and still learning. I pride myself on what i know. Stilllll at a loss in the worst way. I beg everyones pardon if i sound like an idiot. I have done clean installs sooo many times. I can use dism and apply...