Windows 10: Feeling dumb, regarding microsoft accounts handling of emails?

Discus and support Feeling dumb, regarding microsoft accounts handling of emails? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ok, im having a heck of a time sorting an email fiasco. I created a L: username@outlook.com email address way back when. I ended up joining my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by klepp0906, Jul 5, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Feeling dumb, regarding microsoft accounts handling of emails?

Ok, im having a heck of a time sorting an email fiasco. I created a L: username@outlook.com email address way back when.

I ended up joining my ideally "lifelong" isp and my email has been with them ever since. As such, I made a new microsoft account using that email and have been using it for years.

Well now i tried to merge them. Apparently they cancelled that function. I like the novelty of having an extra email persay and im trying to ascertain whether or not keeping the outlook.com one seperate and open is my only option?

So a microsoft account grants you access to onedrive, outlook/email, all the other mumbo jumbo right? How would one send me an email with my ISP email address but have it go to an outlook mailbox? If someone sent me an email to my ISP email it would go to my ISP inbox. How would i even get functionality out of an outlook/microsoft email at that point?

I hope that makes sense. I like having the outlook.com email but not requiring a seperate microsoft account. Does that make sense? what are my options? lol

:)

klepp0906, Jul 5, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Feeling dumb, regarding microsoft accounts handling of emails?

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Feeling dumb, regarding microsoft accounts handling of emails?

1. Feeling dumb, regarding microsoft accounts handling of emails? - Similar Threads - Feeling dumb regarding

2. Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity": For some time I have received emails from Microsoft Account Team stating "Microsoft account unusual signin activity". I went to my recent signin activity data and found my own signin activity plus seven other signin attempts all unsuccessful in the last 2 weeks. They were...
  3. Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity": For some time I have received emails from Microsoft Account Team stating "Microsoft account unusual signin activity". I went to my recent signin activity data and found my own signin activity plus seven other signin attempts all unsuccessful in the last 2 weeks. They were...
  4. Emails from Microsoft Account Team regarding "Microsoft account unusual signin activity"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Recently did Microsoft send email regarding upgrading Hotmail account By Microsoft Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently did Microsoft send email regarding upgrading Hotmail account By Microsoft Notification: Today Just Received email from Microsoft notification regarding upgrading account.. If not process my account Will be blocked. Not sure is it true or scam...
  6. Recently did Microsoft send email regarding upgrading Hotmail account By Microsoft Notification

Recently did Microsoft send email regarding upgrading Hotmail account By Microsoft Notification: Today Just Received email from Microsoft notification regarding upgrading account.. If not process my account Will be blocked. Not sure is it true or scam...
  7. Microsoft Accounts - Email & Accounts

Microsoft Accounts - Email & Accounts: Hi there, I'd like to know if there is a way to remove email accounts in the Windows setting - Accounts - Email & Accounts? I can see when you click on an email address it says remove account, however many of these for me are university email addresses which I no longer have...
  8. regarding 2 microsoft accounts

regarding 2 microsoft accounts: i have 2 microsoft accounts .one is new and one is old. i want my old account for my pc and i want new for my new office . but problem is that , i have only one common mobile no. for both microsoft account verifications. how can i link these 2 microsoft accounts with same...
  9. regarding 2 microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regarding 2 microsoft accounts: i have 2 microsoft accounts .one is new and one is old. i want my old account for my pc and i want new for my new office . but problem is that , i have only one common mobile no. for both microsoft account verifications. how can i link these 2 microsoft accounts with same...
  10. "Microsoft" is a dumb troll?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Microsoft" is a dumb troll?: Hi, I have an issue on my computer. And before you start to judge or something, I'm telling you that I know a lot of things about coincidences, random events and all related stuff, and that's definitely not it. I'll be short. I mostly 99% use total commander and when I...