Windows 10: Feels like OS is choppy for about 20 minutes after boot

Discus and support Feels like OS is choppy for about 20 minutes after boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, After a recent Windows update, my PC runs terribly for about 20 minutes after I turn it on. The mouse moves around like it's accepting input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by g_lush, Apr 23, 2020.

1. g_lush Win User

Feels like OS is choppy for about 20 minutes after boot

Hi,

After a recent Windows update, my PC runs terribly for about 20 minutes after I turn it on. The mouse moves around like it's accepting input every half second, my audio is choppy, videos are choppy, games are unplayable, and it's generally extremely annoying to use my PC. After a little while, my PC runs perfectly. 144 fps in Fortnite, smooth as butter videos, perfect audio, etc. I assumed I was having issues with my SSD where the OS is installed, so I ordered a new one. I installed the SSD, installed Windows from a usb I purchased in 2016 so an older version of Windows, and everything was running normally. I installed all drivers & rebooted multiple times with no issues. When I tried to run a few games, they crashed because the OS was not supported. I updated Windows & rebooted and the problems started immediately again. I haven't been able to find anyone else with issues like this.

Is there a known bug with the new Windows update? Is there a way to install the Windows version just prior to the current one? I'd prefer not to revert to the version from the USB since it isn't supported by my games.

My CPU, Mobo, and SSD are all brand new.

My build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Max 55.78 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS WI-FI ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB 2 x 8 GB DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card

Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart 700 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

:)

g_lush, Apr 23, 2020

2. OS update caused Windows-10 to lock up after 20-30 minutes

An OS update from about a week or two ago caused headphone audio out to go dead (even though the control panel does see the signal) AND Windows-10 locks up after 20-30 minutes, regardless of activity. Need suggestions for resolving these issues.

Crunch3c58, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Wifi connection cutting off every 20 minutes

My internet is turning itself off about every 20 minutes, and I have to go to the network and sharing center and run troubleshoot wifi connection 3 a several times before it goes back to normal.

What I've checked:

• The internet works without fail on my phone. The problem is surely on this device.
    • The wifi connection 3 thing on network and sharing center is the thing that always goes offline (has a red cross next to it)
    • My intelligence... I'm pretty bad at computing so please explain this in steps.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to stop this inconvenience from occurring every 10-20 minutes, its really frustrating. I need to answer questions and get more reputation on writers SE Feels like OS is choppy for about 20 minutes after boot :).

Thanks. By the way, I ran a scan. Its not a virus or malware, whatever else it could be.

Daniel Cann, Apr 23, 2020
  4. bbinnard Win User

What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Strollin: I understand your suggestion, but that means I'll have to re-install all my sofftware etc. again. This is not an enticing thought at all.

LCDR: I tried the old activation code I used before - it is the same on you posted.

I tried the steps listed at the WinAero site. Last one failed because it said the server could not be located. But I did get the Jan 20, 2016 date back. So that's something.

bbinnard, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Feels like OS is choppy for about 20 minutes after boot - Similar Threads - Feels choppy minutes

2. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  3. Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot takes about 20-30 minutes: I have this error for like 4 weeks and I think narrowed it down to some SSD driver problem. I've recorded the boot process and used performance analyzer. I found out that Boot session init phase takes the most time and freezes the boot process, the only thing going on the...
  4. Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes about 20 minutes to boot: HelloI have a Dell Inspiron 15 3576 with Intel core i3, 12 GB RAM and a 1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 HDD. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language build 19043.1083It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to start every time. Tried enabling/disabling Fast startup, defragmented all drives,...
  5. The game crashes after about 20 minutes.

The game crashes after about 20 minutes.: I start game, play approximately 20-30 minutes and screen freeze then game crashed. It's personaly trouble of windows, because i tried play games on linux and i don't seen this problem. Also not even game have this problem. Games i have this problem: CS GO, Genshin Impact,...
  6. 20+ minute boot time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20+ minute boot time: I have windows installed on an SSD and it literally takes more than 20 minutes just to restart. It gets stuck at the windows logo with the dots moving in a circle. I've ran the system file checker, updated video drivers, cleaned registry with CCleaner, and I changed the page...
  7. BSOD after 20 minutes

BSOD after 20 minutes: Hello, after building a new Skylake based Windows 10 64 bit machine to house my GPU with a friend (who does such things for a living) I am experiencing weird BSOD behaviour. The machine gets a BSOD after 20 minutes (irrespective of what I am doing at the moment) and...
  8. Well, after playing around for about 20 minutes...

in Windows 10 Support
    Well, after playing around for about 20 minutes...: I like it... I like it a lot. I really like the new Virtual Desktops... I haven't found how to change them via keyboard yet, but that's my only complaint so far with them. The new start menu is.. meh... I can take it or leave it. I like the the start screen, so either...
  9. 20 minutes to boot :(

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    20 minutes to boot :(: Hi all, I'm experiencing some big issues with my computer since 2 days: when I try to boot it takes more than 20min to boot (and sometimes it doesn't boot). Current situation with my drives: Primary (OS & programs): Samsun 850 EVO 1st Archive: Caviar Blue 1TB 2nd...
  10. Freeze about 1 minute after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze about 1 minute after boot: Hello, My laptop runs fine in safe mode - W10/0/15063 When I boot in normal mode about 1 minute after booted the PC freezes - I have tried to restore/reset etc - I do not have - this is not possible. I have run sfc/scannow - no errors Help - where should I start...