Windows 10: Few inbuilt apps are not opening in the laptop

Discus and support Few inbuilt apps are not opening in the laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Inbuilt apps like Microsoft store,calculator,photos,videos and many more are not opening past from days. Please rectify this problem as early as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VIJAY KUMAR M S, May 12, 2019.

1. Few inbuilt apps are not opening in the laptop

Inbuilt apps like Microsoft store,calculator,photos,videos and many more are not opening past from days. Please rectify this problem as early as possible.

:)

VIJAY KUMAR M S, May 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Few inbuilt apps are not opening in the laptop :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 12, 2019
  3. INBUILT APPS NOT WORKING INCLUDING STORE.

Hello Pawan,

As you are unable to access inbuilt apps, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Do let us know if the issue persists with test user account (Local account) as well?

Method 1: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Method 2: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 12, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Few inbuilt apps are not opening in the laptop

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Few inbuilt apps are not opening in the laptop

1. Few inbuilt apps are not opening in the laptop - Similar Threads - Few inbuilt apps

2. No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start: I don't exactly remember when this issue happened, but has only really become a problem when I tried to install Winget. App Installer didn't start giving me the error, "The app didn't start in time" so I tried to find out how to use Powershell to install the app, but it stays...
  3. No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No UWP app or Powershell Both, inbuilt and open source one won't start: I don't exactly remember when this issue happened, but has only really become a problem when I tried to install Winget. App Installer didn't start giving me the error, "The app didn't start in time" so I tried to find out how to use Powershell to install the app, but it stays...
  4. Inbuilt microphone on laptop is so quiet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inbuilt microphone on laptop is so quiet: I have a lenovo ideapad laptop and recently the microphone quality on it has got very bad. When I'm on various video calls people can not hear me properly, which I have noticed was not a problem a few months ago. I have tried various troubleshoots and done virtually all...
  5. inbuilt connect app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    inbuilt connect app: the connect is not working properly, at times it says miracast is not supported by my system, sometimes it says i can connect but doesn't works at all, it just buffers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inbuilt-connect-app/966f015b-6ac7-4922-bb3d-357701586e61
  6. Regarding Windows 10 inbuilt apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Regarding Windows 10 inbuilt apps: Hi As we are experiencing issue while opening Windows 10 Store. It doesn`t open at all and also associated apps also doesn`t open. Please help. Thanx IT Helpdesk...
  7. Inbuilt Photo App - Video Editing missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inbuilt Photo App - Video Editing missing: Hi all, I'm on Windows 10 1903 and the inbuilt Photo app allows me to edit videos. A colleague is on 1903 and doesn't have this feature and their version of the Photos app is an earlier version. How does the photo app get updated? Can I force an update? submitted by...
  8. MICROSOFT INBUILT APPS NOT WORKING

MICROSOFT INBUILT APPS NOT WORKING: DEAR SIR/MADAM FEW DAYS BACK I HAVE PURCHASED NEW ACER SLIM LAPTOP HAVING WINDOWS 10 INSTALLED IN IT.BUT FROM DAY 1 INBUILT APPS LIKE CALCULATOR PHOTOS ARE NOT WORKING. AFTER GIVING COMMAND IT OPENS AND AGAIN THE SCREEN OF THE APP DISAPPEEARS , SAME THING WITH THE WINDOWS...
  9. Inbuilt Windows in a Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Inbuilt Windows in a Laptop: Does a new laptop (E.g. Dell, Lenovo) come with Windows 10 "DVD" and "activation key"? If not, suppose if windows got crashed then how can we reinstall the OS?...
  10. inbuilt laptop camera

inbuilt laptop camera: I recorded a video with laptop inbuilt camera, when I played it the video was inverted sideways. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inbuilt-laptop-camera/c3516847-12ae-458d-9125-52b37c8c0812