Windows 10: Few keys on my Toshiba Laptop have stopped working

Discus and support Few keys on my Toshiba Laptop have stopped working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using this Toshiba Satellite L50T-A196 laptop for 8 years now. The keyboard has never been a problem in this laptop but since last month... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Irfan Nasir Yashkun, May 7, 2021.

1. Few keys on my Toshiba Laptop have stopped working

I have been using this Toshiba Satellite L50T-A196 laptop for 8 years now. The keyboard has never been a problem in this laptop but since last month few keys are not working. These are Caps Lock key, Letter "x", "c", "v", "m" and left control key.These keys work by themselves sometimes and then stop working. I have tried updating the keyboard software but to no avail. Now I'm using external keyboard. Please guide as to why it is happening. Do the keyboard needs replacing?

:)

Irfan Nasir Yashkun, May 7, 2021
  2. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, May 7, 2021
  3. laptop toshiba speaker stops working 5 min after startup

why my toshiba L745 laptop speakers stop working after 5 min on every startup, but with earphone it works any time, could you suggest me causes of the problem and solution.

yihenewgizaw, May 7, 2021
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Few keys on my Toshiba Laptop have stopped working

Laptop keys stopped working

Hi Lindax,

There are several possible reasons why your Windows 10 laptop keys stopped working. It can be because of hardware or driver issues.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For troubleshooting steps to help resolve keyboard issues, you can refer to the article on this

link

Additionally, you can run Windows Defender or any 3rd party antivirus to check and delete possible malware.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Few keys on my Toshiba Laptop have stopped working

1. Few keys on my Toshiba Laptop have stopped working - Similar Threads - Few keys Toshiba

2. Toshiba laptop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba laptop not working: Hello, i have a Toshiba laptop it was fine for the past 2 years and now it keeps loop blue screen of death, the stop code keeps showing "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", luckily it enters automatic repair, maybe i have a corrupted file or something....
  3. Toshiba laptop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba laptop not working: Hello, i have a Toshiba laptop it was fine for the past 2 years and now it keeps loop blue screen of death, the stop code keeps showing "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", luckily it enters automatic repair, maybe i have a corrupted file or something....
  4. Toshiba laptop not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My keyboards w key stops working for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboards w key stops working for a few seconds: this problem started a 2 weeks ago and every time I press my w key there's a good chance it won't respond and I just have to hold down the key longer for it to work and sometimes when I still hold down the key it still just stops responding...
  6. My keyboards w key stops working for a few seconds

My keyboards w key stops working for a few seconds: this problem started a 2 weeks ago and every time I press my w key there's a good chance it won't respond and I just have to hold down the key longer for it to work and sometimes when I still hold down the key it still just stops responding...
  7. My keyboards w key stops working for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. touch screen on my toshiba inside laptop stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch screen on my toshiba inside laptop stopped working: i turned on m laptop today and my touch screen wont seem to work anyone got any suggestions on what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-on-my-toshiba-inside-laptop-stopped/2c0fd14b-75ac-4780-8a80-dfbe76230215
  9. touch screen on my toshiba inside laptop stopped working

touch screen on my toshiba inside laptop stopped working: i turned on m laptop today and my touch screen wont seem to work anyone got any suggestions on what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen-on-my-toshiba-inside-laptop-stopped/2c0fd14b-75ac-4780-8a80-dfbe76230215
  10. My toshiba laptop is not opening with windows key

in Windows 10 Customization
    My toshiba laptop is not opening with windows key: I was trying to put my wireless computer on my laptop and it requested a driver. I hit upload and now all I am getting is the Screen Saver then when I click on it I get the welcome password page and it won't accept my password. Then it will not let me get to my web browser...