Windows 10: Few things not working in w10

Discus and support Few things not working in w10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when i when i click on left mouse key in This Pc from desktop and then try to open manage or something its not working and nothing happen, and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m1s3rys1gn4l, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Few things not working in w10

when i when i click on left mouse key in This Pc from desktop and then try to open manage or something its not working and nothing happen, and also pressing Win+X then try to select something like control panel or power option, nothing happen *Sad what to do ?

[youtube]97y2FOU774A[/youtube]

Click not working in windows 10 on Win+X menu - YouTube

:)

m1s3rys1gn4l, Aug 8, 2015

2. W10 stuck on lets get a few basic things out of the way

I had the black screen where only the mouse was visible. I did a full reset of my computer once I was able to get into it in safe mode. Now it's stuck on the basic things page where it ask what country and time zone your in. I fill it out and click next
    it looks like it's loading then goes back to that page again. I have done this several times can any one help me?

AlexMobley, Aug 8, 2015
  3. W10 stuck on lets get a few basic things out of the way

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I would suggest you to perform a Startup Repair” using Windows 10 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps. Initiating repair from CD/DVD may have different results. So, I would suggest to perform the repair again and check if it
    helps.

If you don’t have the bootable DVD or USB drive, please refer to the steps in the article given below to create one and then follow the steps given below.

Create installation media for Windows 10

Download Windows 10

Once you have made the bootable USB or DVD drive, please follow the steps.

• Insert the installation DVD or USB
      and boot Windows 10 from it.

• In the ‘Windows setup’
      page, select thelanguage to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select
      ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select
      ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.
    You might also require to change the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD.

Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.

Note:
    Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

Few things not working in w10

1. Few things not working in w10 - Similar Threads - Few things working

2. Many things not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Many things not working: I am using Windows 10 Pro . So earlier i was going across regedit and i was setting permissions to a group , nvm so later my screen just refreshed and actually i couldn't see half of my taskbar , it was like invisible . I could point the mouse to that and it would eventually...
  3. A few apps aren’t working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A few apps aren’t working: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are not working on my PC with Windows 10. I know that my parents did something so that I won’t be able to use these websites. When I log in, it sends me 'URL Request Timed out'...
  4. RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to W10 disconnected after a few seconds: I've updated two of my Win7 Professional PCs to W10 Professtional. After the upgrade, I can't RDP into either one of them. The session connects and I can see the desktop for a second of two, perhaps make a couple clicks, then it gets disconnected. This happens on both PCs. I...
  5. For a virgin install, here's a few things I've done

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    For a virgin install, here's a few things I've done: One of the problems with a virgin install vice upgrading is you have to install all those apps, and what about those modern UI apps and their data?? I got a utility called 'window 8 app data backup' or something very close to that title. I backed up the data app data for...
  6. Considering win10, need to know a few things

Considering win10, need to know a few things: Hi all - I've been on win7 since the beta days, have been building and customizing PCs since 4.77Mhz was the norm, have my interface customized to look like win98 (icons, start menu, no animations, minimal services, etc), and am happy with its instantaneous responsiveness and...
  7. Stuck on - Getting a few things ready

Stuck on - Getting a few things ready: Hello, I am hoping I have come to the right place because I have been browsing through your forms and it looks like good feed back! I am having an issue with creating an ISO for windows 10. I have windows 10 already on this laptop; however when I was doing a reset on my...
  8. The first of a few questions regarding installing W10.

The first of a few questions regarding installing W10.: What needs completed: Remove Ubuntu 16.0.4 Install W10. Reinstall Ubuntu dual boot. First problem: Can not get into bios to change settings to boot from W10 DVD. The reason is, the HP logo comes and goes to fast. Any ideas on solving this? To be continued ater...
  9. Error code - 0xc000014c...tried a few things, no luck

in Windows 10 Support
    Error code - 0xc000014c...tried a few things, no luck: Heres my situation... Dell Inspiron 15 - 3521 Windows 10 Error code - 0xc000014c I already tried - cmd chkdsk C: /f /x /r twice, no success. I have the windows disk, just don't know what I do next. If I reinstalled Windows would I lose everything? Thanks a lot...
  10. A few Brief Questions about W10

in Windows 10 Support
    A few Brief Questions about W10: 1. There is a search bar at the bottom of my computer. It says search the web and windows.......I don't want it there. How do I get rid of it ? 2. What is box ? I clicked it on but it won't open.....should I delete it ? I unpinned the games, groove music, sports,...