Windows 10: FF installers completely misbehaving

Discus and support FF installers completely misbehaving in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When FF70 came out about a week ago I upgraded in my usual way, through the Menu Bar/Help/About FF dialog. My previous versions of FF I've had... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Corona, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Corona Win User

FF installers completely misbehaving

When FF70 came out about a week ago I upgraded in my usual way, through the Menu Bar/Help/About FF dialog. My previous versions of FF I've had installed in my D drive. FF70 jumped the gun and installed in my C drive. I've tried deleting and re-installing it many times with both FF's exe. installer and also with MSIs, both with and without Revo Uninstaller Pro.
    I just did a thorough Advanced removing of FF70 with Revo, and just tried installing FF69.03msi. and when it was finished I found out it had (re-?)installed FF70. And just like the other installs, there was no msi box to help me choose where to install it. The FF logo just pops up on my screen, I click on it, and up comes FF.

This has me completely baffled. Am I missing something? *Redface

FF installers completely misbehaving [​IMG]

the FF69.03msi installer

this bar never has a chance to advance, the install is done in about 2 seconds.
    This is the only diag box that appears during every install I've done.

the d-top shortcut...

...and what it points to, a full install on my C drive.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Corona, Nov 3, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond FF installers completely misbehaving :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 3, 2019
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Nov 3, 2019
  4. FF installers completely misbehaving

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

FF installers completely misbehaving

1. FF installers completely misbehaving - Similar Threads - installers completely misbehaving

2. Laptop Misbehaving

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Misbehaving: Hello,I'm PramodI've been using my laptop from 2 years, from last month I'm facing a weird problem.This problem started suddenly.When I start my pc, boot manager shows up and when I sign in then go to the desktop,command prompt automatically pop up and go within few seconds...
  3. Laptop Misbehaving

Laptop Misbehaving: Hello,I'm PramodI've been using my laptop from 2 years, from past few weeks I'm facing a weird problem.This problem started suddenly.When I start my pc, boot manager shows up and when I sign in then go to the desktop,command prompt automatically pop up and go within few...
  4. PC Misbehaving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Misbehaving: Hi, I'm Abinash NayakI've been using my Laptop since 2 yearsFew days ago, suddenly my PC started misbehaving,Whenever I power on my Laptop, boot manager kept showing up and when I signed in, I was gonna click the refresh but I saw something weird the "e" in the refresh was...
  5. PC Misbehaving

PC Misbehaving: Hi, I'm Abinash NayakI've been using my Laptop since 2 yearsFew days ago, suddenly my PC started misbehaving,Whenever I power on my Laptop, boot manager kept showing up and when I signed in, I was gonna click the refresh but I saw something weird the "e" in the refresh was...
  6. PC Misbehaving

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. PC Misbehaving

8. PC Misbehaving

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Cortana is misbehaving

Cortana is misbehaving: I have Windows 10 and have Cortana turned off as much as I can. (Every slider is in the off position.) However, when I turn up the volume on my bluetooth headphones which are paired to the computer, Cortana opens, turns off my music and says something like "I can learn to...
  10. Cortana is misbehaving

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana is misbehaving: I have Windows 10 and have Cortana turned off as much as I can. (Every slider is in the off position.) However, when I turn up the volume on my bluetooth headphones which are paired to the computer, Cortana opens, turns off my music and says something like "I can learn to...