Windows 10: Fibre Connection Problem

Discus and support Fibre Connection Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I live in a remote area and recently, when it became available, upgraded to a Fibre Broadband connection from a WiFi connection. Since the upgrade my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kashegan, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Kashegan Win User

Fibre Connection Problem

I live in a remote area and recently, when it became available, upgraded to a Fibre Broadband connection from a WiFi connection. Since the upgrade my browsers have had repeated initial failures to connect to websites which I didn't have with the WiFi connection, probelms which go away with a refresh or retry command. Why would this be? Can anyone suggest what has changed and what I could do to correct the problem.

:)

Kashegan, Jun 8, 2018
  2. Achroite Win User

Windows 10 and Sky Fibre WiFi connection issues

I have just upgraded from Sky Broadband to Sky Fibre and also have Sky Q - Sky provided a new router and I have installed this and connected all my devices (10) to the router using WiFi including this laptop that I am currently using which is running with
    Windows 8.1. I have another laptop that is currently running Windows 10 and it will not stay connected to the WiFi.

I have so far completed every one of the steps in Microsoft virtual assistant with the exception of uninstalling the Network adapter driver and re-installing this

Before the upgrade I had no issues with connectivity and I can connect to the internet using an Ethernet cable

I'm really struggling with this and am at the point where I am going to uninstall Windows 10 and re-install Windows 8.1

Any advice gratefully received

Andrew

Achroite, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Fibre broadband PC won't connect

I have recently upgraded to fibre broadband. I used my home pc to confirm that the new service/router was working and repeated process for work pc and smartphones. Having established all was working I used my home pc to change the wifi security key. I
    then successfully logged back in to my work pc and smartphones. However my home pc says it can't connect to the new router and if I try to connect to the internet through Network and sharing centre I am told I am not connected to any networks. If I try to
    set up a new connection I end up with an empty box which never finds anything to connect to and if I then try to connect to the internet I get error code 651. Searches of this suggest I try Safe Mode but that makes no difference. I am completely stuck - Help!!

AndrewPenn, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Fibre Connection Problem

1. Fibre Connection Problem - Similar Threads - Fibre Connection Problem

2. Speed stuck at 100Mbps on 1Gb Fibre

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speed stuck at 100Mbps on 1Gb Fibre: So I have been trying to fix this for the last week....- I have had 1Gb Fibre installed.- I installed a TP-Link 2.5 Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter TX201 .Issue-The speed on my Ethernet is showing 100.0Mbps.-Changed Speed and Duplex to 1.0Gbps Full Duplex.-Speed on...
  3. Speed stuck at 100Mbps on 1Gb Fibre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speed stuck at 100Mbps on 1Gb Fibre: So I have been trying to fix this for the last week....- I have had 1Gb Fibre installed.- I installed a TP-Link 2.5 Gigabit PCI Express Network Adapter TX201 .Issue-The speed on my Ethernet is showing 100.0Mbps.-Changed Speed and Duplex to 1.0Gbps Full Duplex.-Speed on...
  4. Speed stuck at 100Mbps on 1Gb Fibre

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. 64-bit Windows pcs do not connect to my new full fibre broadband?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    64-bit Windows pcs do not connect to my new full fibre broadband?: I have 2 64-bit Windows 10 pcs, a laptop and a desktop and a new Windows 11 laptop. All three machines worked on my old copper broadband connection. Once I had installed a new full-fibre connection the two 64-bit machines cannot connect to the internet. The diagnostics screen...
  6. Is fibre broadband a waste of £ for our situation?

Is fibre broadband a waste of £ for our situation?: My ADSL (copper wire) download speed is 13.2 Mbps (see BT Wholesale Test Result picture), which I feel is enough bandwidth for our situation. We use Netflix which only needs 5 Mbps leaving 8.2 Mbps for one other user (there are only the two of us). We only do web browsing,...
  7. Monitoring Fibre Connection

Monitoring Fibre Connection: I am suffering from intermittent, but regular, interruptions to my Broadband supply. The provider says there have been no interruptions in service, which leads me to suspect that the Router may be defective. Is there anything I can place between the Fibre Optic Decoder and...
  8. What a difference fibre makes!

What a difference fibre makes!: I live in an urban area with dense housing. The estate is huge with thousands of properties, and starting a few months ago, we had Virgin Fibre installed in all the streets. Last Friday, the fibre was extended to the house and a fitter installed the rest inside. I opted for...
  9. Fibre installation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fibre installation: Hi Guys, I recently had Vumatel Fibre installed on my property, (residential for home use) only had it for a couple weeks but now when I switch on my PC it tells me: "your computer was unable to start...." "Start up repair is checking yr system for problems." Then...
  10. Fibre Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Fibre Connection Issues: I live in a remote area and recently, when it became available, upgraded to a Fibre Broadband connection from a WiFi connection. Since the upgrade my browsers have had repeated initial failures to connect to websites which I didn't have with the WiFi connection, probelms...