Windows 10: Ficklering pixels on external monitor

Discus and support Ficklering pixels on external monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I connect my new laptop to my external monitor using its original HDMI cable, the monitor shows flickering pixels on its screen. It is very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ViMC647, May 8, 2021.

1. ViMC647 Win User

Ficklering pixels on external monitor

When I connect my new laptop to my external monitor using its original HDMI cable, the monitor shows flickering pixels on its screen. It is very noticeable when the background is dark. Can anyone please help? It would be highly appreciated ^^ I have watched many youtube videos but none provided a solution yet.For your reference:My new laptop is an Asus vivobook 14 with AMD Ryzen 5 4500U 2.38 Ghz it has an integrated GPU named AMD Radeon Graphics. I just this laptop today.My external monitor is a Samsung LC24F390FHNXZA 24-Inch.IMPORTANT: When I connect the same moni

:)

ViMC647, May 8, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 8, 2021
  3. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not the motherboard. I have always had this setup but I have not always had this issue.

Preforming the following actions may cause my second monitor to appear pixelated.
    • Getting a web browser out of maximized mode by click dragging the window or using the restore button
    • Using full screen on the secondary monitor
    • Dragging a window into the second monitor, sometimes

In order to temporarily solve this issue I must apply a change to any display using the Nvidia Control Panel. Using the Windows display settings to apply a change does not always fix the issue. Also note that after the second monitor goes pixelated, my computer does not detect a change in any display's resolution settings.

So far I have tried the following fixes to no avail
    • Keeping display drivers up to date
    • Using a DDU to wipe display drivers clean and start anew
    • Using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

I have tried to use capture software to screenshot the pixelation but it can not see it. I have to use a camera to show what it looks like instead.
    Before:

Ficklering pixels on external monitor [​IMG]

After:

Capture software is not capable of detecting the pixelation so I have recreated what it looks like on screen. Use this as reverence if the pictures look bad.
    Before:

After:

Tjaekazuta, May 8, 2021
  4. Romel Ram Win User

External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, May 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Ficklering pixels on external monitor - Similar Threads - Ficklering pixels external

2. My monitor display is pixelated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My monitor display is pixelated: I have a 3070 RTX yet, my monitor displays everything with pixels. Its a gigabyte 1080p monitor. M27Q Gaming Monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-display-is-pixelated/8baa9e48-65aa-4517-979a-3aada18c1a2f
  3. Extend monitor display pixelated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend monitor display pixelated: I'm using TUF Gaming F15 and extend monitor is LG MP59G HDMI. On extend monitor, I can see a small white line in blue background, and on image, icon, every thing look like not smooth. I have setting resolution and frame rate recommended but it still like this. Please help me...
  4. Extend monitor display pixelated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend monitor display pixelated: I'm using TUF Gaming F15 and extend monitor is LG MP59G HDMI. On extend monitor, I can see a small white line in blue background, and on image, icon, every thing look like not smooth. I have setting resolution and frame rate recommended but it still like this. Please help me...
  5. Extend monitor display pixelated

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Random pixel stripes on monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random pixel stripes on monitor: Hello, I sometimes get random stripes on my monitor, but weirdly enough these aren't dead pixels, since I'm able to screenshot them. I have no idea what could be causing this, but I already tried updating my graphics driver, which didn't solve it. I can look at the stripe and...
  7. Random pixel stripes on monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random pixel stripes on monitor: Hello, I sometimes get random stripes on my monitor, but weirdly enough these aren't dead pixels, since I'm able to screenshot them. I have no idea what could be causing this, but I already tried updating my graphics driver, which didn't solve it. I can look at the stripe and...
  8. Vibrating pixels in a monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Vibrating pixels in a monitor: Hi, My desktop's monitor (almost central part) appears vibrating or flickering. What could be the reason for this issue? Is this something associated with RAM or the monitor itself?
  9. Pixelated blurry images on the web, external monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pixelated blurry images on the web, external monitor: Hello, I've got new monitor VP2468 FHD connected to my laptop gl702VM. Now all the image on the web looking this way. https://postimg.cc/image/bkabs3ror/ Could you tell me what is wrong please?...
  10. monitor and geen pixels

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    monitor and geen pixels: there are green pixels all over my monitor ever since I installed my graphics card I would like a response as quickly as possible thank u very much!...