Windows 10: FIDO2 BLE Bluetooth Communication problem with Android / iOS

Discus and support FIDO2 BLE Bluetooth Communication problem with Android / iOS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello.We are developing Android application for FIDO2 paswordless login. We have got problem with BLE connection on Windows side. When we pair our BLE... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Key_Soft, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Key_Soft Win User

FIDO2 BLE Bluetooth Communication problem with Android / iOS

Hello.We are developing Android application for FIDO2 paswordless login. We have got problem with BLE connection on Windows side. When we pair our BLE Server with Windows, registration and login is working fine until disconnecting. After some time, or on application reload, the BLE server has new MAC address and Windows can't find the device while trying to register/login.It seems, like Windows Security API is not scanning known devices for FIDO access. The service will time out, until we run Third party SW for BLE scanning only scanning. We assume, that Windows should scan for FIDO service.

:)

Key_Soft, Jun 29, 2021
  2. FinnErikJ Win User

Bluetooth Low Energy - BLE

Hi, I've seen a few questions around BLE. As I've been wanting to be able to use home-automation products with BLE, I recently contacted KEVO (Unikey) about their "interest" in developing an app for their smart lock, I got this reply back:

"With the introduction of the 8.1 OS, Windows phones have the ability to pair with most BLE devices. There are two forms of communication needed to pair. Central Communication (listener) and Peripheral Communication (talker).

Unfortunately the Windows phone only operated centrally, as do the Kevo, so pairing is not an option at this time.

We have had the same problem with Android, up until this month when the finally will be releasing Android L.

We are developeing the Android app now and we really hope that Windows will make the improvements to BLE capabilities as well."

Is above correct and if yes, should we expect WP8.1 to support this?

Regards, Finn

FinnErikJ, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Passwordless FIDO2 verification on Android for Google Accounts

Source: https://security.googleblog.com/2019...r-with_12.html

Brink, Jun 29, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Passwordless FIDO2 verification on Android for Google Accounts

Source: https://security.googleblog.com/2019...r-with_12.html

Brink, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

1. FIDO2 BLE Bluetooth Communication problem with Android / iOS - Similar Threads - FIDO2 BLE Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth BLE doesn't work properly on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth BLE doesn't work properly on Windows 11: No matter which app I try, BLE devices are not reliably enumerated. I must run Bluetooth troubleshooter for it to work and then it works once and is also not able to properly write to devices. Everything fails. On Windows 10, same hardware, same apps - work fine.Anyone has...
  3. Bluetooth BLE doesn't work properly on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth BLE doesn't work properly on Windows 11: No matter which app I try, BLE devices are not reliably enumerated. I must run Bluetooth troubleshooter for it to work and then it works once and is also not able to properly write to devices. Everything fails. On Windows 10, same hardware, same apps - work fine.Anyone has...
  4. Android/IOS-style folders on desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android/IOS-style folders on desktop?: I was wondering if there was any way to create a folder for shortcuts/apps on the windows desktop that expands and creates a pop-up on the desktop screen, like the app folders on the home screens of IOS and Android as an alternative to opening a new folder window from the...
  5. Printer Communication problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Communication problem: For a long time, my system has listed its printers twice. For example, I have "HP LaserJet 1320" and "HP Laserjet 1320 (Copy 1)," also "HP OfficeJet 5200 series" and "HP OfficeJet 5200 Series (7F84B9)" (My old Canon also had a plain and "Copy 1" version.) This never used to...
  6. New features in Microsoft Teams for Android and iOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New features in Microsoft Teams for Android and iOS: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tech_Lover_extra [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/icts7j/new_features_in_microsoft_teams_for_android_and/
  7. Passwordless FIDO2 verification on Android for Google Accounts

in Windows 10 News
    Passwordless FIDO2 verification on Android for Google Accounts: Passwords, combined with Google's automated protections, help secure billions of users around the world. But, new security technologies are surpassing passwords in terms of both strength and convenience. With this in mind, we are happy to announce that you can verify your...
  8. Bitlocker To Go compatible with Android or Ios

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker To Go compatible with Android or Ios: I encrypt my important information on the USB drive using Bitlocker to go. But it is not showing up when I connect it to the mobile device. Is there any Bitlocker To Go Reader compatible with Android or ios? Thank you...
  9. Groove Music on Android and iOS is dead.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music on Android and iOS is dead.: This is kinda a really sad news for me as I mainly use Groove Music on my phone to sync all my music between all my devices. I really don't see the point of it. Why does Microsoft still offer OneDrive integration with Windows 10's Groove Music while also killing the only real...
  10. Problem with Communicating with Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Communicating with Printer: windows shows my printer and printer is chosen as my default printer but the PC is still not communicating with the printer. My husband and I both have the same windows ten version and printer works fine from his PC, any advice? [Original Title: printing]...