Windows 10: Figerprint recognition Windows Hello not working at all

Discus and support Figerprint recognition Windows Hello not working at all in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I had some problems with this before. It sometimes worked....usually not. I found when it didn't work, if I removed my figure print for sign in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JeffKrieble, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Figerprint recognition Windows Hello not working at all

So I had some problems with this before. It sometimes worked....usually not. I found when it didn't work, if I removed my figure print for sign in and set it up again it would work for a day or so...then not work. Now it simply doesn't work at all ever. This is a system which is more an annoyance than anything else. seems Apple got it right, Microsoft didn't. I have a Apple product that work every time.This is a security risk as many things ask for my to use my finger print to identify myself when I use this NEW laptop. So....I can't use this for these purposes.I find no error codes, no

:)

JeffKrieble, Nov 25, 2021

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17215/windows-10-what-is-hello

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Figerprint recognition Windows Hello not working at all

Window Hello/face recognition is not working in Windowns 10

Hi Carlos,

For us to isolate your concern with Windows Hello/face recognition issue, we would like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Figerprint recognition Windows Hello not working at all

1. Figerprint recognition Windows Hello not working at all - Similar Threads - Figerprint recognition Hello

2. Windows Hello Figerprint never works on sign in, but works fine after.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Figerprint never works on sign in, but works fine after.: Figerprint Reader: Benss Portable Security Key Biometric Fingerprint ScannerMicrosoft Windows 10 Education x64 Build 19045.27It worked fine in the beginning, but recently I always run out of the 3 tries and have to input my long password. However, when I use it to sign in to...
  3. Windows Hello Figerprint never works on sign in, but works fine after.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Figerprint never works on sign in, but works fine after.: Figerprint Reader: Benss Portable Security Key Biometric Fingerprint ScannerMicrosoft Windows 10 Education x64 Build 19045.27It worked fine in the beginning, but recently I always run out of the 3 tries and have to input my long password. However, when I use it to sign in to...
  4. Windows Hello Figerprint never works on sign in, but works fine after.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows hello facial recognition not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello facial recognition not working.: Hi,My windows hello facial recognition stopped working. I have microsoft surface laptop studio with windows 11. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/60730d65-35ba-4831-9546-9def5f8311ce
  6. Windows hello facial recognition not working.

Windows hello facial recognition not working.: Hi,My windows hello facial recognition stopped working. I have microsoft surface laptop studio with windows 11. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/60730d65-35ba-4831-9546-9def5f8311ce
  7. Windows Hello Facial Recognition Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition Not Working: I am using a Windows 11 PC which is expected to have Windows Hello Face working. Although I am facing this issue. Kindly help.Thanks,Rayan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-facial-recognition-not-working/55e34bb5-351a-4349-a8e6-25cc50e3c51f
  8. Windows Hello Facial recognition not working

Windows Hello Facial recognition not working: Hey everyone,my windows 11 hello facial recognition is not working. As you can see below in the picture, my fingerprint are working perfectly but the facial recognition is not working. I don't know why?i have tried every method available in YouTube and online. but...
  9. Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial Recognition not working: So i just bought a new HP Omen laptop and the only thing not working is the windows hello facial recognition, it seems to be an issue with windows 11 as the camera works fine, I talked to HP support and they informed me that it was not the device as its the same compatible...
  10. Figerprint recognition Windows Hello not working at all

Figerprint recognition Windows Hello not working at all: So I had some problems with this before. It sometimes worked....usually not. I found when it didn't work, if I removed my figure print for sign in and set it up again it would work for a day or so...then not work. Now it simply doesn't work at all ever. This is a system which...