Windows 10: Figuring out Cortana

Discus and support Figuring out Cortana in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In hopes I can be more like CSI or Tony Stark, is Cortana able to search a note you write on Sticky Notes? submitted by /u/yakkity_yakk [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yakkity_yakk, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Figuring out Cortana

In hopes I can be more like CSI or Tony Stark, is Cortana able to search a note you write on Sticky Notes?

submitted by /u/yakkity_yakk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yakkity_yakk, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Figuring out Cortana

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Figuring out Cortana

1. Figuring out Cortana - Similar Threads - Figuring Cortana

2. Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?: Hi - I want to do some instructional videos for YouTube. I'm new at making videos and after much research still don't know what to do. I want to create videos and edit them in Windrows Movie Maker. I made some videos on my Iphone, transferred them to my windows computer but...
  3. Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help my figure out how to get videos from my Iphone into Movie Maker to do editing?: Hi - I want to do some instructional videos for YouTube. I'm new at making videos and after much research still don't know what to do. I want to create videos and edit them in Windrows Movie Maker. I made some videos on my Iphone, transferred them to my windows computer but...
  4. I deleted my bluetooth driver fromdevice manager and can't figure out how to reinstall it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted my bluetooth driver fromdevice manager and can't figure out how to reinstall it.: I went to turn on my bluetooth on my laptop I have a ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Grey AMD Ryzen 7 5800HS/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3050, and the toggle in my settings just disappeared. I restarted my laptop, and it was still missing. I am on windows 11I went into my device manager, and...
  5. I deleted my bluetooth driver fromdevice manager and can't figure out how to reinstall it.

I deleted my bluetooth driver fromdevice manager and can't figure out how to reinstall it.: I went to turn on my bluetooth on my laptop I have a ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Grey AMD Ryzen 7 5800HS/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3050, and the toggle in my settings just disappeared. I restarted my laptop, and it was still missing. I am on windows 11I went into my device manager, and...
  6. BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these: Hello,Hoping I can get some help with these BSOD files I am seeing recently. I tried to install Discord which is the latest one. Another one started happening after I installed a new GPU and the drivers are up to date. Just not sure what to do here. Thank you in advance to...
  7. BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these

BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these: Hello,Hoping I can get some help with these BSOD files I am seeing recently. I tried to install Discord which is the latest one. Another one started happening after I installed a new GPU and the drivers are up to date. Just not sure what to do here. Thank you in advance to...
  8. BSOD issues trying to figure out what is causing these

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Cortana is completely missing from my computer and I can't figure it out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana is completely missing from my computer and I can't figure it out.: I'm running Windows 10 Pro Ver1909 (osver18363.1016) and Cortana is completely missing. There are no settings references that allows me to enable it. If I do Win-S to open up search and type in Cortana a tab in the system settings called "Cortana-permissions*" show up, but...
  10. Triple tap brings up Cortana trying to figure out how to disable it

in Windows 10 Support
    Triple tap brings up Cortana trying to figure out how to disable it: So whenever I triple tap, the Cortana search engine pops up. I've relegated it to just the search icon in the bottom left corner, but this still happens, more often than not by accident. Any idea how to disable this? 11347