Windows 10: File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc.

Discus and support File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Under a fille group named "Documents" I have folders like Bank/Old Credit Union, new bank/new Credit Union CULC I took a screen capture and wanted to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Unavailable Username 3429, Sep 2, 2019.

1. File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc.

Under a fille group named "Documents" I have folders like Bank/Old Credit Union, new bank/new Credit Union CULC

I took a screen capture and wanted to cut/paste from where it is now (Desktop) and put it in the subfolder "new Credit Union" after notice ="you will have to provide Administrative permissions to continue" and it says I do not have sufficient privileges to complete this action. Permission denied, ,,,. WTH????

:)

Unavailable Username 3429, Sep 2, 2019

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Sep 2, 2019
  3. you don't have permission to open this file contact the file owner or an administrator

Hi,

This could be due to one of the following reasons:

• You don’t have permission to access the file,
    • The file you are trying to access is corrupt,
    • If you are using any third party security software, it may be blocking the file.

In most of the cases, this issue occurs when the user doesn’t have sufficient permissions to access the file. So I would suggest you to take ownership of the file and then check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps:

• Right-click the program
      that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab, and then click OK
      on the Security message (if one appears).
    • Click Advanced, and then click change. Enter your password if prompted.
    • Type in your username and press
      enter.
    • If you want to take ownership of the contents of the folder, select
      the Replace owner on sub containers and objects check box.
    • Click OK and close all the windows.
    • Follow step a and b, click
      on advanced.
    • Under "permissions" tab, select your user account
      and click on "change permissions"
    • Check the "Replace all child object permission entries from this object." option and click
      Ok.
    • All permissions will be replaced if you click Yes.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 2, 2019
  4. File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc.

Denied access to a file despite being listed as the owner

I tried to reinstall Origin, and this particular program, and it seems some others on the computer do not allow access at all, either to run or delete. It says access is denied or that permission will be needed. I go into the advanced settings to change
    the owner (as elswhere the troubleshooters suggested) and I see that Administrators is already listed as the owner. It's as though the administrator does not even have access to the file. This appears to apply to the entire folder. How can I change the
    permission to the file(s) so I can delete/reinstall?

joethecounselor, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc.

1. File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc. - Similar Threads - File access permissions

2. you do not have permission to open this file. see the owner of the file or an administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    you do not have permission to open this file. see the owner of the file or an administrator: This is in a usb drive, I saved 3 notepads into the usb before factory resetting my pc and now I cant open them, all the tutorials say do the security thing but it dosent work on my usb drive only my actual disk...
  3. you do not have permission to open this file. see the owner of the file or an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you do not have permission to open this file. see the owner of the file or an administrator: This is in a usb drive, I saved 3 notepads into the usb before factory resetting my pc and now I cant open them, all the tutorials say do the security thing but it dosent work on my usb drive only my actual disk...
  4. you do not have permission to open this file. see the owner of the file or an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. One Drive Sends Message: No access permissions to the Item. I am the owner and Administrator!

One Drive Sends Message: No access permissions to the Item. I am the owner and Administrator!: What moron programmed one drive to lock me out of my one drive account so that it does not sync? I am a Microsoft 365 subscriber and a MS user since the beginning. This is ludicrous!...
  6. File access lost (Administrator account) while denying permissions to users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File access lost (Administrator account) while denying permissions to users.: I share my computer with my brother, I have some business files which I do not want him to get access to. I am the admin and he has his own local User account and my business folder is in the Local Drive. I found out that I can 'deny' file permissions and foolishly denied...
  7. Error: "Could not open source file"; strange file permission owner as owner

Error: "Could not open source file"; strange file permission owner as owner: Hello, I use backup software that copies my files to an external HD and saves them in their native format. I.e., it just copies them. Recently, the software reports some 125 failures with the information "Could not open source file error 5 - access is denied." The files...
  8. Permissions/users etc. woes

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions/users etc. woes: Hello, Is there a way to stop Windows from trying to keep everything so damned 'secure'? Eliminate the need for permissions and file protection etc? I have a whole host of folders I can't access, or can only access by every time granting admin privileges. The biggest...
  9. Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission

Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission: I want to have full access for my laptop because whenever I try to install or make changes it pops out an error message that it requires administrator permission, I tried all the steps that you posted but no luck. 44829
  10. Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...

Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...: I'm running 64-bit Windows Pro on an Asus P5Q-EM MB with an Intel E8600 processor with 8 GB of PC2-6400 Ram. I've had a couple of unexpected shutdowns and restarts lately. I've got several different error types in my event log. The only one showing to be "critical" is the...