Windows 10: File access denied + most of W10 no longer work

Discus and support File access denied + most of W10 no longer work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Helloproblem:I had an laptop with w10 installed which due to hardware problems was not working and not used for 2 years. When the repair was done and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BalthazarVulcan, May 12, 2022.

1. File access denied + most of W10 no longer work

Helloproblem:I had an laptop with w10 installed which due to hardware problems was not working and not used for 2 years. When the repair was done and could start it again practically none of windows functions would work. I could not open, copy or delete 95% of the files due to user permission error.questions:1. I do not have any w10 recovery or back up on CD or externally and windows can not recover. How can I reinstall w10?2. if I buy and install a second w10 in a separate drive how would I transfer my files from old to new user? it doesn't give me access even now that I login as the old

:)

BalthazarVulcan, May 12, 2022
  2. jack63ss Win User

LAPTOP is not accessible ..... Access is denied.

I am trying to share a folder on a LAPTOP. I have other a number of other systems that have folders Shared and they work fine, but with this one I get the error "LAPTOP is not accessible ..... Access is denied." when I try to access it from a different Win10 system. So I went thru the entire "How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10" tutorial step by step. File and Print Sharing is enabled, SMB1.0 client & server are running, and Everyone has Full Access to the Share. Still get the error. I have tried it with the Network Public and Private, with the same result. Any suggestions ?

Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

jack63ss, May 12, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    LAPTOP is not accessible ..... Access is denied.

SMB 1.0 is not required for sharing between two W10 machines, only for sharing with older systems such as XP. It's unnecessary here, but having it should not cause issues either.

Share permissions set to 'Everyone - Full control' is one thing, but the ntfs permissions on the folder being shared also need to be set to allow access.

I always turn off Password Protected Sharing on the PC doing the sharing, leaving it on (the default) often causes 'access denied' on trying to connect to the share.

Turn On or Off Password Protected Sharing in Windows 10

4. File access denied + most of W10 no longer work

Radney Dri, May 12, 2022
Thema:

File access denied + most of W10 no longer work

1. File access denied + most of W10 no longer work - Similar Threads - File access denied

2. File Saving Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Saving Access Denied: I can't save files to my C: drive, says Access Denied, you don't have permission to save files to this folder. How do I correct this, as my laptop worked fine one day and then can't save files the next day?...
  3. File access denied + most of W10 no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File access denied + most of W10 no longer work: Helloproblem:I had an laptop with w10 installed which due to hardware problems was not working and not used for 2 years. When the repair was done and could start it again practically none of windows functions would work. I could not open, copy or delete 95% of the files due...
  4. File access denied + most of W10 no longer work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File access denied + most of W10 no longer work: Helloproblem:I had an laptop with w10 installed which due to hardware problems was not working and not used for 2 years. When the repair was done and could start it again practically none of windows functions would work. I could not open, copy or delete 95% of the files due...
  5. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Access Denied: I am trying to add a comment to a URL shortcut on my desktop. So, I right click the file, choose Properties, then Details. I fill in the Description field. I hit Apply and get: File Access Denied - You'll need to provide administrator permission to apply properties to this...
  6. denied access to my files

denied access to my files: What are the crosses that deny access to my files in explorer. How do I get rid of them so that I can open my files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-access-to-my-files/b9b8317e-8ffc-4602-ad09-8d464d219189
  7. Uwfmgr installation on W10 Enterprise (Access Denied)

Uwfmgr installation on W10 Enterprise (Access Denied): Hi, I have a machine that may have power failures on a Windows 10 Enterprise. The program saves data by serialization on binary files. When a power failure occurs the system reboots, but some times the files are empty. The first remedy I found was to remove the policy for...
  8. access denied to .BAT file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    access denied to .BAT file: I did a clean install of 1809 as I was having some issues no one had an answer for. In the process 1903 was released so I updated. I had to reinstall a program that was working in 1809. It is run inside a BAT file that first accesses my NAS to copy data files. The BAT...
  9. Access denied to folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied to folders and files: Runnin win 10 since 2 weeks. Trying to copy all files from external HD to new second internal HD. some files copied no problem, other files and folders will either not copy (administrator rights) or are outright "access denied". All are films, no programs. I got full...
  10. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File Access Denied: I get the following message when I try to 'save, 'save as' or 'paste': File Access Denied You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this file. I have no idea was to what causes this nor have I made any security changes. Any ideas? 29590