Windows 10: File access denied to many files

Discus and support File access denied to many files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since Upgrading to Windows 10, I am now experiencing problems accessing many files? How can I gain access to ALL my files? Can this be done in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Composer, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Composer Win User

File access denied to many files

Since Upgrading to Windows 10, I am now experiencing problems accessing many files?

How can I gain access to ALL my files?

Can this be done in one operation, easily, or is it difficult?

Step by Step instructions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

:)

Composer, Nov 16, 2015

2. File Access Denied

I am getting file access denied messages all over the place ...

All I am trying to do is delete a file and I am getting ...

You need permission to perform this action.

I checked and I do have Administrator permission.

can some please help ?

Thanks

Kenneth Pincus, Nov 16, 2015
  3. File access denied

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you refer this article and try the troubleshooting steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2623670

(also applicable for Windows 10)

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 16, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

What folders/files? Give us some examples please.

Ztruker, Nov 17, 2015
  5. Composer Win User
    Files - Folders too sensitive to share!

I have figured a ' work-around ' changing the security settings of those problem files!

Thanks

Composer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File access denied to many files - Similar Threads - File access denied

2. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  3. Access to file denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to file denied: Files from previous account held in new account but access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-file-denied/68d6af4c-32bd-4077-885c-45af79360b2e
  4. File Saving Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Saving Access Denied: I can't save files to my C: drive, says Access Denied, you don't have permission to save files to this folder. How do I correct this, as my laptop worked fine one day and then can't save files the next day?...
  5. File Saving Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Saving Access Denied: I can't save files to my C: drive, says Access Denied, you don't have permission to save files to this folder. How do I correct this, as my laptop worked fine one day and then can't save files the next day?...
  6. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Access Denied: I am trying to add a comment to a URL shortcut on my desktop. So, I right click the file, choose Properties, then Details. I fill in the Description field. I hit Apply and get: File Access Denied - You'll need to provide administrator permission to apply properties to this...
  7. access denied to .BAT file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    access denied to .BAT file: I did a clean install of 1809 as I was having some issues no one had an answer for. In the process 1903 was released so I updated. I had to reinstall a program that was working in 1809. It is run inside a BAT file that first accesses my NAS to copy data files. The BAT...
  8. Administrator denied access to files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator denied access to files: I'm having issues with installing iTunes. The previous iTunes libraries will not open as it says I don't have permissions. I've tried to change permissions and I have to have authority to do that. How do I fix this? Debbie...
  9. Access denied to folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied to folders and files: Runnin win 10 since 2 weeks. Trying to copy all files from external HD to new second internal HD. some files copied no problem, other files and folders will either not copy (administrator rights) or are outright "access denied". All are films, no programs. I got full...
  10. File Access Denied

in Windows 10 Support
    File Access Denied: I get the following message when I try to 'save, 'save as' or 'paste': File Access Denied You require permission from Unix User\nobody to make changes to this file. I have no idea was to what causes this nor have I made any security changes. Any ideas? 29590