Windows 10: file and apps name changes in folders

Discus and support file and apps name changes in folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open my folders the contents of the file names is changed with a date extension added to it : ex. (2018_08_09 14_55_16 UTC) . Why is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ValentineMisuraca, Jan 6, 2019.

1. file and apps name changes in folders

When I open my folders the contents of the file names is changed with a date extension added to it : ex. (2018_08_09 14_55_16 UTC) . Why is this happening and how do I get rid of this.

Thanks - Val

:)

ValentineMisuraca, Jan 6, 2019
  2. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Can app name be changed in All Apps list?

Often a new program (which I suppose is always called an 'app' in Win10) will self-install in the Program Files or ProgramFiles (x86) folder under the name of the software maker, rather than the name of the program. This means that on the Win10 All Apps list, the actual program name won't be in alphabetical order; rather, the software company's name will show up alphabetically on the list. This is kind of a drag, having to remember where to look on the list.

I have tried several ways of changing the file name, etc. to make the program name show up, but either it just doesn't work or the entire program installation becomes corrupted and has to be reinstalled. Does anyone know of a way to change just the name that shows up on the All Apps list?

Electrojim, Jan 6, 2019
  4. file and apps name changes in folders

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

file and apps name changes in folders

1. file and apps name changes in folders - Similar Threads - file apps name

2. Files and folders with $ in the name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and folders with $ in the name: My C: drive SSD was replaced by Dell. All of my applications and files were lost. I can reinstall all the applications, but the files I saved at S3 are funky to use. Many folders have "$" appended to the folder name. Then under the folder many files also have "$" appended to...
  3. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  4. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  5. Change the name of account and folder name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  6. File folder name

File folder name: When I'm trying to type a name into a new file, it will stop me after so many characters. What is going on? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-name/87c6a0f0-b69b-4506-ac4f-3d340bdc3f21
  7. Files Name’s and Apps name’s Language Automatically changed

Files Name’s and Apps name’s Language Automatically changed: [IMG]Greetings, Today, I turn on my laptop to see the language? on my pc is changed. Only the files name is affected, the preference, settings etc aren’t affected. I wonder how do I change back? Is it because of a virus? Please help....
  8. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  9. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  10. User's Files folder name changed to"Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Files folder name changed to"Folders": User's files folder name(In my case its 'Dev') suddenly changed to "Folders". Whatever new account I create it still shows the home folder as "Folders". Pls help..Its really annoying.My brother used the laptop and accidently installed some malware and adware which i just...