Windows 10: File and Folder autocomplete stopped working

Discus and support File and Folder autocomplete stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there! Crossposted here: https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=31584 I have a very annoying problem in my Windows 10 system: File and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jkpieterse, Jan 8, 2019.

1. File and Folder autocomplete stopped working

Hi there!
    Crossposted here: https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=31584

I have a very annoying problem in my Windows 10 system: File and Folder autocomplete has stopped working. I am sure I did not make any changes to settings with this regards. In fact I checked all Autocomplete settings and they are fine (see screenshots below):

:)

jkpieterse, Jan 8, 2019

2. How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app?

Folder does not exist.

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Indexed

Folder only has this file in it;

_sessionState.dat

And no other folders

Do you want me to delete this file?

NettieJean, Jan 8, 2019
  3. mjag56 Win User
    autocomplete stopped working on the the whole computer

I have WIN10 loaded on top of WIN7 and ever since I upgraded my autocomplete stopped working on the the whole computer. I have tried to go to 'content in internet options' and click on 'autocomplete' and check and uncheck the boxes. nothing will correct
    it, Help ???

mjag56, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Deb240 Win User

File and Folder autocomplete stopped working

autocomplete list in windows 10 mail app

How do I remove an address in the autocomplete list in the Windows 10 mail app? I have a name that appears in the autocomplete list that I don't see in my Peoples app; thus I'm not able to delete the name by going to the Peoples app. The suggested autocomplete
    address is no longer an active address thus I would like it removed from the autocomplete list.

Deb240, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

File and Folder autocomplete stopped working

1. File and Folder autocomplete stopped working - Similar Threads - File Folder autocomplete

2. Autocomplete in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autocomplete in File Explorer in Windows 11: Back when the first Windows 11 came out a few years ago, you used to be able to type a few letters in Explorer to look up a file. I would type in Sim to look up a file called Simple and it would automatically fill in the word. It also used to have it when you could click on...
  3. Autocomplete in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autocomplete in File Explorer in Windows 11: Back when the first Windows 11 came out a few years ago, you used to be able to type a few letters in Explorer to look up a file. I would type in Sim to look up a file called Simple and it would automatically fill in the word. It also used to have it when you could click on...
  4. Contacts not autocompleting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contacts not autocompleting.: Some of my contacts are not autocompleting. They do not come up when I start to type in a name. I’ve tried to add new contacts with the same information, but it still won’t come up....
  5. Contacts not autocompleting.

Contacts not autocompleting.: Some of my contacts are not autocompleting. They do not come up when I start to type in a name. I’ve tried to add new contacts with the same information, but it still won’t come up....
  6. nonsense in File Explorer addressbar autocomplete like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nonsense in File Explorer addressbar autocomplete like...: Regarding the nonsense that appears in File Explorer addressbar after typing a double-backslash \\which results after a brief delay with a startling list of cryptic autocomplete entrieslike \\Provider\Microsoft.Networking.SSDP//uuid:url: guidFor years there are many inquiries...
  7. nonsense in File Explorer addressbar autocomplete like...

nonsense in File Explorer addressbar autocomplete like...: Regarding the nonsense that appears in File Explorer addressbar after typing a double-backslash \\which results after a brief delay with a startling list of cryptic autocomplete entrieslike \\Provider\Microsoft.Networking.SSDP//uuid:url: guidFor years there are many inquiries...
  8. nonsense in File Explorer addressbar autocomplete like...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Opening files doesn't autocomplete in Chrome or Notepad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening files doesn't autocomplete in Chrome or Notepad: What registry key or group policy should I modify for it to work? Autofill doesn't work in Chrome or Notepad submitted by /u/pastadough [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsutr8/opening_files_doesnt_autocomplete_in_chrome_or/
  10. email autocomplete

email autocomplete: I changed an email address in People however in Mail the old address keeps coming up first. How do eliminate it so the new correct address comes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-autocomplete/2ca32f80-3e4b-48cf-b025-2b0d779ba2cb