Windows 10: "file and print sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts"

Discus and support "file and print sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have 5 computers in the house all running Windows 10. I've always had problems with file sharing and often have to resort to memory stick or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dch53, Dec 29, 2018.

1. dch53 Win User

"file and print sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts"

We have 5 computers in the house all running Windows 10. I've always had problems with file sharing and often have to resort to memory stick or external hard drives to transfer files. Homegroup helped sometimes but was unreliable and has gone.

Now I need a solution because one computer won't complete updates and the advice is to run

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess where the repair source can be a shared Windows folder.

So, the source PC was upgraded from Windows 7 a long time ago and is up-to-date. I've followed all the advice I can find.

Various folders are shared with read access for everyone.

The up-to-date PC appears when I click Network on the PC that won't update. Attempting to open this PC results in "Windows cannot access ..."

Clicking the Diagnose button results in "file and print sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 445, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer. "

I tried turning-off Windows Defender Firewall on the up-to-date PC but that didn't help.

Any suggestions please?

:)

dch53, Dec 29, 2018

2. File and Print Sharing resource (MyIP to share) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.

Hello,

I have been receiving an error when trying to reach my shared directory from my PC that states the following:

"File and Print Sharing resource (MyIP to share) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts." I've been sharing this directory for a long time and it suddenly just stopped working.

I'm finding that I can access shared directories from other servers but I cannot share directories from my PC. I have file and print sharing turned on and I've used Windows Network Diagnostics for troubleshooting which is where I got the error "File and
    Print Sharing resource (MyIP to share) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts."

Thanks,

David

DavidDelahoussaye, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Error Code 0x80070035 / file and print sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts

Hi Blaine,

For in-depth assistance regarding your concern about Network connection, I recommend that you post your inquiry on TechNet
    forum
    . There are IT professionals which have enough resources for your concern.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 29, 2018
  4. theweav Win User

"file and print sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts"

Laptop is not responding to connection attempts

I am trying to home network a Windows 10 Pro laptop and a Windows 10 Home PC. The laptop can see my PC and files. The PC can see the laptop but can't open the files. The diagnosis Says: File and print sharing resource (My Laptop) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. My network setup is a workgroup. All was working well until the MS Update 1709 installed. I have checked everything I know to check and have researched the problem online, but have had no luck. I will appreciate any suggestions.

theweav, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

1. "file and print sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts" - Similar Threads - file print sharing

2. website www.microsoft.com is online but isn't responding to connection attempts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    website www.microsoft.com is online but isn't responding to connection attempts: I keep getting this problem with my network connection. It tells me I am connected but will not go to any website on any browser. My phone connects fine, my roommates connect fine. Just one my laptop I get this problem. How do I solve it?...
  3. File explorer isn't responding

File explorer isn't responding: File explorer gets crashed and start not responding when I open 7 to 8 windows explorer windows at the same time.. when I try to switch between them and try to access any files from any windows it doesn't respond then after after few minutes it gets back to normal..but it...
  4. website (www.microsoft.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.

website (www.microsoft.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.: Ever since my laptop updates to Windows 10, I cannot connect to my school's wifi properly on my PC what so ever! I run all the troubleshooting software and get the same response " website (www.microsoft.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts." I have...
  5. Print and file sharing is online but not responding

Print and file sharing is online but not responding: The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 445, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer....
  6. Website is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts

in Windows 10 News
    Website is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In case any proxy settings or third-party add-ons are interfering with your system’s internet connection, you might encounter the error Website is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts upon running the Network Adapter troubleshooter. Website is...
  7. File and Print sharing resource is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts

in Windows 10 News
    File and Print sharing resource is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many Windows users, when unable to access one or multiple shared connections or folders across the local network, try running Windows Network Diagnostics Troubleshooter to understand the problem. They may end up seeing an error stating, File and Print sharing...
  8. "Website is online but isn't responding to connection attempts"

in Browsers and Email
    "Website is online but isn't responding to connection attempts": My Windows 10 tablet "Updated" and now I do not have internet whatsoever, it doesn't connect to my home wifi nor does it connect to my mobile hotspot. It won't even connect to the college wifi where I take classes, I have a yellow triangle under the wifi icon and when I run...
  9. Laptop is not responding to connection attempts

Laptop is not responding to connection attempts: I am trying to home network a Windows 10 Pro laptop and a Windows 10 Home PC. The laptop can see my PC and files. The PC can see the laptop but can't open the files. The diagnosis Says: File and print sharing resource (My Laptop) is online but isn't responding to connection...
  10. website (www.microsoft.com) is online but isn't responding to connecti

website (www.microsoft.com) is online but isn't responding to connecti: hello this is my problem with my internet. i have restarted my pc at least more than ten times today so just i can connect for 10 or 15 minutes at once. this is the message from my connection trubleshooting: website (Microsoft Corporation) is online but isn't responding...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file and print sharing resource is online but isnt responding

2. File and print sharing resource responding to connection attempts Windows 7

3. file and print sharing resources is online but isnot respoinding to connections attempts

4. file and print sharing resource (leo-pc) is online but isnt responding to connection attempts.,
  5. file and print sharing resource is online but isnt responding to connection attempts,
  6. file and print sharing resource is online but isnt responding to connection attempts. Detected Detected The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 445 possibly due to firewall or security policy settings or because it m