Windows 10: file and program transfer

Discus and support file and program transfer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; what is best way to transfer files and programs from windows 10 computer to new windows 10 computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aztecag, May 15, 2019.

1. Aztecag Win User

file and program transfer

what is best way to transfer files and programs from windows 10 computer to new windows 10 computer?

:)

Aztecag, May 15, 2019
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, May 15, 2019
  3. Transferring programs and files

Hi,

I would suggest doing both, transfer first all the program and files to an external hard drive to assure that you will have a backup and not lost program and files then transfer it to new. If you only need to transfer or move the program files and not
    the program itself, you can locate the folder file that contains all of the program information and copies it to an external drive. If the program will not operate from the external hard drive, it is tied into the computer registry of the initial computer
    and cannot be circumvented. If that is the case, only the data files for the program can be used from the external drive.

If you have further question feel free to post.

Renaldo cru, May 15, 2019
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, May 15, 2019
Thema:

1. file and program transfer - Similar Threads - file program transfer

2. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?: My laptop is a 64 bit, I noticed that some of my apps folder are installed on Program Files x86 which is for a 32 bit laptop, I recently discovered that Program Files folder are for a 64bit laptop. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files? Do I just...
  3. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?: My laptop is a 64 bit, I noticed that some of my apps folder are installed on Program Files x86 which is for a 32 bit laptop, I recently discovered that Program Files folder are for a 64bit laptop. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files? Do I just...
  4. How can I transfer files from Program Files x86 to Program Files Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File and program transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File and program transfer: Hi,I am using a ten year old computer running the latest version of Windows 10. I have just purchased a new computer with Windows 11 installed. What is the best way to transfer all my Files and Data from the old computer to the new one. I have a program on my old computer...
  6. File and program transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File and program transfer: Hi,I am using a ten year old computer running the latest version of Windows 10. I have just purchased a new computer with Windows 11 installed. What is the best way to transfer all my Files and Data from the old computer to the new one. I have a program on my old computer...
  7. Transferring .asi files to Program Files?

Transferring .asi files to Program Files?: I need help transferring this file. When I try and move it I get an error: Error 0x80004005. I know that installing mods and such can be dangerous, but I have accepted the risk and yet still can't move this over to the GTAV directory. I was wondering if there is any way to...
  8. File transfer using remote access programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File transfer using remote access programs: After the Sept windows update to my windows 10 computer none of the remote control programs will allow file transfers. I use Teamviewer, RDP, and Remote control. Anytime I try to initiate the file transfer it hangs trying to read the remote computer directory. I can go to...
  9. Computer files programs transfer old to new

Computer files programs transfer old to new: What is the best way to install all files and programs from Windows 8 computer to new Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-files-programs-transfer-old-to-new/2d5411a1-bd7f-4c77-b96d-36828f2f3f5d"
  10. transfer files and programs

transfer files and programs: How can i transfer files and programs from one windows 10 pc to another windows 10 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-and-programs/aa5405e0-91ea-4d2b-970f-fd6b579f7f18"