Windows 10: File App Association

Discus and support File App Association in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There isn't a file option for .odm in default file association by app in settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Audrey847, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Audrey847 Win User

File App Association

There isn't a file option for .odm in default file association by app in settings.

:)

Audrey847, Jul 2, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 2, 2020
  3. When clicking the files getting error that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Hello,

I understand that when you try to open the file, you are prompted that the files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. We will certainly help you.

• What file are you trying to open?
    This issue is caused if the file is not associated with any of the application or program to open it.

If those files are the pictures as I can see that you are trying to access the picture folder. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Right click on the file and select Open with.
    • Select Photo App or Photo Gallery.
    • Double click and check if you are able to open that file.
    Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

File App Association

Edwin, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

File App Association

1. File App Association - Similar Threads - File App Association

2. Unable to associate .jpg files with an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to associate .jpg files with an app: I have Windows 11 home. I have many image files on a flash drive some of which are .jpg files. In Control Panel there is no .jpg entry for me to change the default application. Also, when I right click on the file, click More Options, click Open With, then Irfanview, there is...
  3. Unable to associate .jpg files with an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to associate .jpg files with an app: I have Windows 11 home. I have many image files on a flash drive some of which are .jpg files. In Control Panel there is no .jpg entry for me to change the default application. Also, when I right click on the file, click More Options, click Open With, then Irfanview, there is...
  4. this file does not have an app associated with it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this file does not have an app associated with it: I just bought a brand new pc. And I'm trying to download a file and it keeps saying "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app, or if one is installed, create an association in the default apps setting page." Is there...
  5. File does not have an app associated with it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File does not have an app associated with it: I installed an application today to try to open an .RAL file a client sent me. It was supposed to be a data file but I couldn't open it and wanted to see it so I installed a trail version of WinRail. It still couldn't open it, so I tried to uninstall WinRail. I am getting...
  6. File/app association question

in Browsers and Email
    File/app association question: Today I checked which apps I have associated with which files. I discovered that .mht; .mhtml; and .website are associated with Internet Explorer which I never use. I tried to associate them with Chrome but the option is not available; I am simply told to find another app in...
  7. How To Associate app for Files With No Extension

How To Associate app for Files With No Extension: Win 10 v1903. I get files from an app and these files do not have an extension. I can open and read them via Notebook but I'd like to assign Notebook to open them when I double click the file name. Can that be done in Win 10? -- Larry 142436
  8. This file does not have an app associated with it

This file does not have an app associated with it: The early August update (at least that is when it f*cked my machine) changed a lot of stuff Is use regularly. The worst problem for me is that the .PAR2 files have a different icon then before which prevents using the .PAR2 files from doing there checking of the down loaded...
  9. File type associated with App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File type associated with App: I recently installed Office 365 on my NB running Windows 10 Home. Upon successful installation, I uninstalled my Office 2007 from the NB. Nightmare occurred - I could not double click the selected file and open it with the App. Instead, I have to open the App first and...
  10. File association not changing to some apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    File association not changing to some apps: I have a laptop with Windows 10 home 64-bit on it, and the only thing I did to make old apps compatible, is that I set the owner of Program Files and Program Files (x86) to myself, and gave myself full access to those folders. The problem I'm having is that whenever I try to...