Windows 10: File appears back on desktop after moving into another folder...

Discus and support File appears back on desktop after moving into another folder... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I usually move files to from my desktop to a folder. And after about a few hours that file appears back on my desktop. And then it says could not find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abbas Ravani, Nov 8, 2020.

1. File appears back on desktop after moving into another folder...

I usually move files to from my desktop to a folder. And after about a few hours that file appears back on my desktop. And then it says could not find item when you try to delete or move it.

:)

Abbas Ravani, Nov 8, 2020
  2. wolfmagic Win User

Desktop folders Move function

Clicking in the title bar of any folder on the desktop shows a list of functions - Restore, Move, Size, Minimize etc. When I right click on the title bar and select Move, the Move icon appears but it's not clear what to then do with it to actually make
    the folder move. Movint the icon to another part of the desktop doesn't do anything. What else is required to move the folder using the Move function?

wolfmagic, Nov 8, 2020
  3. hispanico Win User
    Refresh very very low on desktop or folder when copy or move files

No suggestions, i have 8GB ram but pheraps i must select virtual memory on manual and not automatic ?

Thank
    Hispa

hispanico, Nov 8, 2020
  4. File appears back on desktop after moving into another folder...

Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10

Never mind:

I have just deleted my manually created "Desktop" folder on the target drive and then moved it with the steps in your tutorial. I answered the question "target folder doesn't exist, create new?" with yes and voilà, the icon appears as expected.

WTenNewbie, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

File appears back on desktop after moving into another folder...

1. File appears back on desktop after moving into another folder... - Similar Threads - File appears desktop

2. Windows desktop folders moving sometimes after file downloads or file savings on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop folders moving sometimes after file downloads or file savings on Desktop: Good day,I sometimes have the problem that my Windows desktop folders user folder, this computer and the recycle bin get rearranged once I download some files to the desktop or I save a file on it...I do not want this behavior. I want the symbols to always remain in that...
  3. Windows desktop folders moving sometimes after file downloads or file savings on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows desktop folders moving sometimes after file downloads or file savings on Desktop: Good day,I sometimes have the problem that my Windows desktop folders user folder, this computer and the recycle bin get rearranged once I download some files to the desktop or I save a file on it...I do not want this behavior. I want the symbols to always remain in that...
  4. Moving desktop folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving desktop folder to another drive: Hi all. I have just had to reinstall windoes due booting problems. I want to move desktop, documents folders etc to another drive. I know how to do it right click, properties, location, move but the issue I have is that I already have these folders on another drive due to the...
  5. Moving desktop folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving desktop folder to another drive: Hi all. I have just had to reinstall windoes due booting problems. I want to move desktop, documents folders etc to another drive. I know how to do it right click, properties, location, move but the issue I have is that I already have these folders on another drive due to the...
  6. Moving desktop folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop Folder move to another drive trouble

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Folder move to another drive trouble: Good morning everyone. I mess up and i change the desktop and the download files from C to D and it doesn't show me the downloads file. I choose only the D driver and didn't make a desktop file. Its exactly the same problem from here...
  8. WIndows desktop: moving files into folders

WIndows desktop: moving files into folders: When I want to drag a file Word, Excel, etc. on my desktop to a folder on my desktop, I want to be able to hover the file over the folder and while hovering, the folder opens up and displays subfolders...at that point I can position the file over the subfolder, let go of the...
  9. Change appearance of desktop files and folders

Change appearance of desktop files and folders: Hi community, I recently resented my PC and now the desktop icons appear more narrow then before. The problem is not the size. I attached the appearance of how it is at the moment (narrow) and how it was used to be (desired). Please let me know how this can be changed as...
  10. How to move files from one folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move files from one folder to another folder: Everytime I get a download I unzip the folder and would like to move it to the desktop, but I always get the message cant move file cause its being used by another program, I don't have any other programs open, plus the drop and drag feature does not always work either. Some...