Windows 10: File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG

Discus and support File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jolie Princess Katana, Dec 4, 2019.

1. File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG

I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations.

And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs.

The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files.

I cannot upload them to Google photo. It uploads & they don't show up- other files do work. Obviously it does no recognize RAW files of any type.

If I try to post image to Twitter- the drop down says -supported files- and no jpg show in the file explorer until I select ALL FILES

I am manager of thousands of images for work. Most of them taken with Canon 40 D which does show in properties correctly.

I have never owned a SONY anything, never installed a SONY app.

Why have all my files been hi-jacked?

Things I tried with no success-

change file name to jpeg

save as PNG

It would be impossible for me to name all the files in my computer and attached 5 hard drives- all photos.. File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG c92843f0-6e5f-4fb5-b3bd-135d0ff150cc?upload=true.png File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG dc64850c-8e3c-4088-ad42-ea558a4ddfbd?upload=true.png File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG a2c3dba1-a520-4384-ab7e-6c6305d442fd?upload=true.png

:)

Jolie Princess Katana, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Vario Win User

File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG

Mov codec broken.

My mov codec must be broken. All the *.mov files are opening, but the colors are all damaged. Any suggestions? I have tried quick time alternative as well as quicktime with the same result. Whats the best way to clean out the old codecs so I can reinstall.

Vario, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG

1. File Asscoation Broken for all JPG & PNG - Similar Threads - File Asscoation Broken

2. Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jpg, jpeg, png files windows 11: I recently purchased a hp spectre 360 14 inch with i7 processor. I already had the same pc and have been very happy with it and windows 10 for 7 years. My new pc has windows 11 and I can’t open many of my jpg, jpeg, png files/ pictures. I have many photos…..some which open,...
  3. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  4. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  5. PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11: When I attempt to open PNG files with the default "Photos" app in Windows 11, I get an error "The specified procedure could not be fond". I never had this issue with before I upgraded Windows 10 last week. I uninstalled and installed the Photos program when I first...
  6. PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11: When I attempt to open PNG files with the default "Photos" app in Windows 11, I get an error "The specified procedure could not be fond". I never had this issue with before I upgraded Windows 10 last week. I uninstalled and installed the Photos program when I first...
  7. File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG: I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files. I cannot upload them to Google photo. It...
  8. Best way to convert a png file to a jpg file

Best way to convert a png file to a jpg file: Hi, I have just received a one off photo which is a PNG and PDF but my computer will not let me open it. I have tried things like paint but no luck. So is there an app which I can get if possible FREE which will let me open them or convert them. Thanks...
  9. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...
  10. View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.

View a png, jpg, or gif file; and only that.: What is the best way to view a gif, png or jpeg file in WIndows. To render the image as it is with no artefacts belonging to the viewer? I just want to view the image (and the image alone), move it about the screen, close the view....