Windows 10: File Association

Discus and support File Association in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use MS Office 2003 with Frontpage which works well in Win and does all I need. How can I associate .html files to open with Frontpage. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by carrotmuseum, Nov 7, 2017.

1. File Association

I use MS Office 2003 with Frontpage which works well in Win and does all I need.

How can I associate .html files to open with Frontpage.

In Control Panel - set default programs it dos not show Frontpage as an option.

In Control Panel set File associations - it currently shows Chrome as the default program. If I select Change program Frontpage does not appear as an option, if change program is selected. It must be possible because Frontpage shows as the default for .htt files (html templates)

:)

carrotmuseum, Nov 7, 2017

2. Reset file association for .jsp file

Hello,

We appreciate that you post your concern here in the Community. On the other hand, we suggest that you contact the support team of the program that you are using. This is to properly assist you regarding the issue. Your question will be
    handled by their support experts to determine how to reset its settings.

If you have other concerns, feel free to post it here in the Community.

Joseph Ban, Nov 7, 2017
  3. Reset file association for .jsp file

How do i reset the file association for a .jsp file? I accidentally set it to a program but need to change it back to unknown program.

Bcarroll3849, Nov 7, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

File Association

Have you tried rt clicking an html file, Open with, and following the menus through until you can browse for a program?

dalchina, Nov 7, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    Hi there. I remember going through this attempting to install O2000 on 8/8.1. As O2003 being rather outdated, it may take a Registry hack to force seeing it as a default. Here's something close that I found.

How to set HTML editor in Win 8 - Microsoft Community

Tony K, Nov 7, 2017
  6. Yes but nothing shows Frontpage

carrotmuseum, Nov 7, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    So from Open With you're browsing with a window like this:

File Association [​IMG]

and you have Frontpage installed on your PC but you can't find it?

I'd suggest you identify where it's installed....

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

File Association

1. File Association - Similar Threads - File Association

2. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51
  3. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51
  4. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  5. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  6. file type eg .pdf association random reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file type eg .pdf association random reset: Some time ago, we successfully used, for example, the association of .pdf files with the Adobe Acrobat DC application using a group policy Default Associations Configuration File.Since the beginning of April with UserChoice Protection Driver v2.1 activated, this mechanism has...
  7. file type eg .pdf association random reset

file type eg .pdf association random reset: Some time ago, we successfully used, for example, the association of .pdf files with the Adobe Acrobat DC application using a group policy Default Associations Configuration File.Since the beginning of April with UserChoice Protection Driver v2.1 activated, this mechanism has...
  8. file type eg .pdf association random reset

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...: Started randomly to appear. I receive this message - this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already is installed, create an association in the default apps settings page when i try to open folder in my documents folder, or when i try...
  10. this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...

this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...: Started randomly to appear. I receive this message - this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already is installed, create an association in the default apps settings page when i try to open folder in my documents folder, or when i try...