Windows 10: FILE ASSOICATIONS HIJACK

Discus and support FILE ASSOICATIONS HIJACK in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; MISTAKENLY I ASSOCIATED AI EXTENSION (.AI) WITH THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE DWGSee AND WAS HIJACKED. I AM UNABLE TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT ASSOCIATION.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LAM_544, Dec 11, 2018.

1. LAM_544 Win User

FILE ASSOICATIONS HIJACK

MISTAKENLY I ASSOCIATED AI EXTENSION (.AI) WITH THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE DWGSee AND WAS HIJACKED. I AM UNABLE TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT ASSOCIATION.

:)

LAM_544, Dec 11, 2018

2. Browser hijacked by safesurfs.com Malware

After reading what you went through I would strongly suggest you read the advice of Monkey57 and try his steps. Normally

Browser hijackers
    don't show this kind of behavior and more could be going on. Normally I don't suggest Resetting your computer but in this case....

Yuri Pustjens, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User

FILE ASSOICATIONS HIJACK

Microsoft Edge Hijacked by yahoo

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What do you mean by Microsoft Edge hijacked by yahoo?

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Microsoft Edge?

• What are the steps have you tried?

• Since when are you facing the issue?

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

FILE ASSOICATIONS HIJACK

1. FILE ASSOICATIONS HIJACK - Similar Threads - FILE ASSOICATIONS HIJACK

2. Repeated BSODS freeze/buzz, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL assoicated with ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSODS freeze/buzz, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL assoicated with ntoskrnl.exe: Hi, I am experiencing repeated BSODs and crashes on my computer. It runs Win10. My computer specs:Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical ProcessorsBaseBoard Manufacturer INFINITYBaseBoard Product B450-A PRO MAX MS-7B86BaseBoard...
  3. Repeated BSODS freeze/buzz, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL assoicated with ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSODS freeze/buzz, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL assoicated with ntoskrnl.exe: Hi, I am experiencing repeated BSODs and crashes on my computer. It runs Win10. My computer specs:Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical ProcessorsBaseBoard Manufacturer INFINITYBaseBoard Product B450-A PRO MAX MS-7B86BaseBoard...
  4. Repeated BSODS freeze/buzz, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL assoicated with ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  6. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  7. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Onedrive hijacking my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive hijacking my files: So I got on my pc and saw that my folders like documents and desktop are in onedrive, they got removed from quick access in file explorer. How can I prevent onedrive from taking my folders and files? I never used one drive or never backed anything up with it so i don’t know...
  9. Browser Hijackers

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Hijackers: I have searched the internet for three days now using my cellphone because the three browsers on my desktop are hijacked by taboola orrecp.mkt 81 or a few others. I have used, as suggested, "Hi-Jack This"---"Malwarebytes"---an three others. These bad apps cannot be found...
  10. Browser hijack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Browser hijack: Hi whenever I open a page from within an app my default browser which is almost advert free is bypassed and microsofts advert fest Edge is used instead. Edge is pretty much unusable to me as I despise being forced to view adverts also I dislike the search engine which I have...