Windows 10: File Backup to Onedrive

Discus and support File Backup to Onedrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I see Windows has backup to Onedrive, but I don't see a scheduler. Is there a built in scheduler for Windows Backup? Thanks, Dennis... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dennis18_Se, Apr 5, 2021.

1. File Backup to Onedrive

I see Windows has backup to Onedrive, but I don't see a scheduler. Is there a built in scheduler for Windows Backup?

Thanks,

Dennis

:)

Dennis18_Se, Apr 5, 2021

2. Automatically backup OneDrive Files?

Hi,

I would suggest you to use EaseUS Todo Backup.

After downloading this Kindly follow follow below mentioned steps, i am hopeful that your issue will be resolves by doing this.

*Launch EaseUS's free backup software and choose "File Backup" option to back up files from your computer or other devices to OneDrive.

*Select the files or folders you want to back up. Then click "Destination" to select the Cloud Storage > Add Cloud storage service so that you can save your files to OneDrive.

*Click "Schedule" option to open the Backup Scheme window, here you can create a scheduled backup plan to back up files daily, weekly, monthly or upon an event. For example, you can set at 5 pm, then it will automatically back up these files every day at 5
    pm.

*Click "Proceed" to automatically back up files to OneDrive.

You are Done

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Apr 5, 2021
  3. S.D.K Win User
    File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Apr 5, 2021
  4. kernrsn Win User

File Backup to Onedrive

W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

File Backup to Onedrive

1. File Backup to Onedrive - Similar Threads - File Backup Onedrive

2. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  3. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  4. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. OneDrive File Syncing and Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive File Syncing and Backup: Just set up a new Windows 11 laptop for a senior in a nearby retirement community. Copied all his data to the new machine. Signed into Onedrive and went to "choose folders" in settings. Desktop, Documents and Pictures were available to "check", but music was not. He has lots...
  6. OneDrive File Syncing and Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive File Syncing and Backup: Just set up a new Windows 11 laptop for a senior in a nearby retirement community. Copied all his data to the new machine. Signed into Onedrive and went to "choose folders" in settings. Desktop, Documents and Pictures were available to "check", but music was not. He has lots...
  7. File History Backup and Local OneDrive Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Backup and Local OneDrive Files: I know there have been a number of posts about issues with File History Backup. File History is a nice feature in Windows 10. It serves as a file backup system as well as a convenient way to restore files to previous versions through the File Explorer. I hope Microsoft...
  8. Backup and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and OneDrive: Is there a way to Backup (i.e. use File History) Directly to OneDrive rather than copying the File History folder to the OneDrive section of my PC? thans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-onedrive/e4bb32b8-7572-4c20-a050-b16abea2d075"
  9. Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup fails to backup files that are in a folder synchronized with OneDrive: Windows Backup seems to be working but it simply skips all files that are in a folder that synchronizes with OneDrive. All other files are backed up normally. I have reproduced this problem in three different laptops (all Windows 10 and latest Windows version). This problem...
  10. Backup files to OneDrive without syncing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup files to OneDrive without syncing: Hello I want to back up my music collection from my D-drive. I have copied (drag & drop) my files from D: to OneD – that was easy, intuitive and straight forward. However OneDrive is now trying synchronise my newly copied files back with my PC. It is not syncing with the...