Windows 10: File based dialogs are grouped

Discus and support File based dialogs are grouped in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I finally was able to get rid of Groups in File Explorer but they persist in File Dialog boxes. How do I get rid of this in the dialogs? I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mary OB, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Mary OB Win User

File based dialogs are grouped

I finally was able to get rid of Groups in File Explorer but they persist in File Dialog boxes. How do I get rid of this in the dialogs? I have to spend extra time looking for the folder I want.

:)

Mary OB, Oct 5, 2019

2. File mover program other than File Explorer

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the current build installed on the computer?

• Are you the administrator of the account?

• Is the computer connected to a domain?

• Is the issue specific to a particular file type?

• Did you make any changes to the permission settings recently?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to take the full control of the folder or files.

• Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user
      names
      , click your name to see the permissions you have.
    • The permissions for the selected user or group are shown in the lower portion of the properties dialog box.
    • Assign yourself “Full control” permission by checking the box for “Allow” for Full Control and check if you can access the drive.
    If the issue still persists, follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the folder permissions. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Pawan1709 Win User
    regarding windows 10 home group options

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

These may be the below possible reasons of you facing the issue. Please go through the points.

• If a Home group already exists on your network, you'll be asked to join it instead of creating a new one.
    • If your PC belongs to a domain, you can join a home group but you can't create one. You can get to libraries and devices on other home group PCs, but you can't share your own libraries and devices with the home group.
    If both the above scenarios doesn’t imply, then I would suggest you try the below steps.

Steps:

• Switch to an Administrator user account, in case you are not using one.

• Run a Home group Troubleshooter to fix the issue.
    Refer the below steps to run a Home group Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Home group.

• Click on Advanced on the Home group troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Home group troubleshooter
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Oct 5, 2019
  4. File based dialogs are grouped

Starting Home Group Listener gives no more endpoints available

Hi,

I suggest you to run the inbuilt home group Troubleshooter and check if this helps. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click
      ‘Troubleshooting’.
    • Click on view all.
    • Select Home group from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us with the results for further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

File based dialogs are grouped

1. File based dialogs are grouped - Similar Threads - File based dialogs

2. Completely disable file grouping, always, everywhere, in all windows, dialogs, everything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely disable file grouping, always, everywhere, in all windows, dialogs, everything!: File grouping is degrading my productivity. It is constantly getting between me and my work. What I need to do is prevent Windows from grouping files - EVERYWHERE. Not just in Windows Explorer, but in application file dialogs. That is, file Open and Save dialogs. That is the...
  3. Completely disable file grouping, always, everywhere, in all windows, dialogs, everything!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely disable file grouping, always, everywhere, in all windows, dialogs, everything!: File grouping is degrading my productivity. It is constantly getting between me and my work. What I need to do is prevent Windows from grouping files - EVERYWHERE. Not just in Windows Explorer, but in application file dialogs. That is, file Open and Save dialogs. That is the...
  4. Completely disable file grouping, always, everywhere, in all windows, dialogs, everything!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely disable file grouping, always, everywhere, in all windows, dialogs, everything!: Hello,File grouping is degrading my productivity. It is constantly getting between me and my work.I am aware of the methods to disable file grouping within individual folders. Please do not tell me how to do this, I already know.I am also aware of the method that is supposed...
  5. Completely disable file grouping, always, everywhere, in all windows, dialogs, everything!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Completely disable file grouping, always, everywhere, in all windows, dialogs, everything!: Hello,File grouping is degrading my productivity. It is constantly getting between me and my work.I am aware of the methods to disable file grouping within individual folders. Please do not tell me how to do this, I already know.I am also aware of the method that is supposed...
  6. Completely disable file grouping, always, everywhere, in all windows, dialogs, everything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to disable Downloads group by inside File Open dialog?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Downloads group by inside File Open dialog?: I know how to turn off inside regular Windows Explorer but not inside File Open dialogs. This seems to only affect Downloads folder too. submitted by /u/mycall [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpezvg/how_to_disable_downloads_group_by_inside_file/
  8. File open dialog customization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File open dialog customization: I have a large Quick Access list and a lot of folders on my drive. When I open a file, my Quick Access does not show up unless I collapse the desktop icon. Is there any way to set it so the Desktop is collapsed unless I click on it? I have Excel and Word 2010 on Windows 10...
  9. How to disable file groups in Open dialogs in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable file groups in Open dialogs in Windows: The next Windows 10 version may group files automatically in open dialogs. When you use the open option to load files in Windows 10 version 1809 or earlier currently, e.g. to open an image in an image editor or an archive, you get a single list of files sorted by recency....
  10. File Dialog Settings Location ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Dialog Settings Location ?: Hi guys, If I open an Open File dialog box (like in Notepad or wherever) and it's set to display details, and I right-click the column header and check/uncheck some items in the popup menu (like Type, Data Modified, etc.) where do those settings get stored ? I thought...