Windows 10: File becomes TMP File

Discus and support File becomes TMP File in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I just restarted windows after my windows broke and now i'm trying to download chrome.When I do, the file just become a "TMP File" and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Casperni, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Casperni Win User

File becomes TMP File

So I just restarted windows after my windows broke and now i'm trying to download chrome.When I do, the file just become a "TMP File" and when I download it says "Couldn't download - No permissions"

:)

Casperni, Jan 14, 2022

2. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Jan 14, 2022
  3. joad-5 Win User
    deleting tmp files

Can I delete the following files in map program files?

Gum7C21.tmp and Gut7C31.tmp.

The 2 files appear after installing W 10

Thanks in advance for an answer.

joad-5, Jan 14, 2022
  4. File becomes TMP File

tmp file malware

I believe my new laptop has been attacked and is now affected by a file named tmp file. How do I remove this tmp malware?

RichardKennedy22, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

File becomes TMP File

1. File becomes TMP File - Similar Threads - File becomes TMP

2. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting: I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files-appearing-in-folders-and-not-deleting/87e480be-1879-4f00-b1a6-1f43ab0db03c
  3. Word tmp files showing on desktop.

Word tmp files showing on desktop.: Office 365 word docs creating tmp files on the desktop. I tried to change the location to a new tmp folder which worked for a few days and now it returned. I have hidden files enable, but I can't do that for every new document. OS WIN 10 1909, 64BIT...
  4. File becomes TMP File

File becomes TMP File: So I just restarted windows after my windows broke and now i'm trying to download chrome.When I do, the file just become a "TMP File" and when I download it says "Couldn't download - No permissions"...
  5. tmp files .tmp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tmp files .tmp: I can empty all data in local temp folder , but as soon as open any web browser like Chrome or Microsoft edge they reappear. The files look like fc11a109-3f15-45b0-b483-630e1584a674.tmp. If I try then to delete the files individually, I get the message " The action can't be...
  6. Big .tmp files in %temp%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Big .tmp files in %temp%: Hi, recently I noticed that i need more space on my C: drive and I found a lot of big .tmp files in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp folder [from 500MB to 800MB]. The problem is that the Windows is showing 16GB of Temp files, but disk cleanup can delete only 25MB, Any...
  7. Unusual tmp files

Unusual tmp files: I navigated to a folder on my local server and noticed that a tmp file flashed in to view briefly in the folder and then disappeared. I was able to open a properties view window before it disappeared. It showed a file named EVPS_1744_4132_20201613742.tmp owned by the...
  8. tmp files

tmp files: I have loads of 'tmp' files being created hourly and find this very annoying. Only started happening in last 2 weeks. Anyone know how I can stop these from being created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files/743ff527-0706-4d34-8617-95f837722af4"
  9. excel file replaced by a TMP file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excel file replaced by a TMP file: I have a Excel file that has changed into a TMP file and cannot be opened. When trying to open from the Excel program, it indicates that the file is missing. Why did it change and how do I get it back?...
  10. tmp file malware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    tmp file malware: I believe my new laptop has been attacked and is now affected by a file named tmp file. How do I remove this tmp malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/tmp-file-malware/31b58fd1-b852-41c9-911f-5d28e92e6472