Windows 10: File being deleted after Downloading

Discus and support File being deleted after Downloading in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, the last few days I've been having some weird issues. I have a Bootstrapper exe file which downloads a set of specific files. Everything runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ben McCormick, Feb 5, 2021.

1. File being deleted after Downloading

Hi, the last few days I've been having some weird issues. I have a Bootstrapper exe file which downloads a set of specific files. Everything runs smoothly, but when the Bootstrapper finishes, another exe file which is the application gets deleted. Its only the exe file which gets deleted not the Bootstrapper. I currently don't have an Antivirus software on my PC. This issue started occurring just after I deleted it. I'm pretty sure it's not a virus as before I reinstalled my Antivirus, it was working fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Ben McCormick, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Feb 5, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

File being deleted after Downloading

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

File being deleted after Downloading

1. File being deleted after Downloading - Similar Threads - File being deleted

2. Files Deleted After Successful Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Deleted After Successful Download: I found a similar issue someone posted regarding Windows 7. I downloaded a file from Bitdefender tech support responding to an issue I put to them. They provided a link and I saved the file to 'Downloads'. However, after the download completed, the file was deleted. Here are...
  3. Files Deleted After Successful Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Deleted After Successful Download: I found a similar issue someone posted regarding Windows 7. I downloaded a file from Bitdefender tech support responding to an issue I put to them. They provided a link and I saved the file to 'Downloads'. However, after the download completed, the file was deleted. Here are...
  4. files keep being delete/remove after download/click on and can't prevent, restore, or even...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files keep being delete/remove after download/click on and can't prevent, restore, or even...: I downloaded some files on Chrome and they kept removing those files away from the download bar, I figured out to turn off windows defenders and "keep" the files but then the problem come. After downloaded and seen it in the "download tab" on 'window', it suddenly...
  5. Files are being Deleted Automatically

Files are being Deleted Automatically: Help! My desktop files and any other file I create is being deleted automatically. My pc was working ok on 11/01. But by 11/05 I noticed I could not create a folder on my desktop or in my documents. If I try to open a file, it gets deleted automatically. It deletes the new...
  6. Files in Downloads deleted

Files in Downloads deleted: I created a folder in Downloads and stored important files in it. Yesterday I restored my Laptop and chose to take all my files. But today when I opened the Downloads is wiped off. Can I take them back....
  7. How does one fix the Download file section being deleted?

How does one fix the Download file section being deleted?: Not only were the files deleted, so was the location itself after I ran an uninstall program for an Arduino file. How would I fix the download folder being deleted?...
  8. Folders and files reappear after being moved or deleted

Folders and files reappear after being moved or deleted: This folder keeps reappearing after I move it into another folder. I have tried the suggestion to change the owner to everyone. No luck. I have tried running the MSERT. It said it found 2 things Deleted one and partially deleted the other. Other security programs find...
  9. All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All downloads being marked as having virus and being deleted: All files that I try and download from all browsers are being marked as having virus and being deleted (I think by WIndows Defender.) I can't download some of the things that have been suggested to fix it as the interruption is on all files. How do I get rid of what I...
  10. Download installation files deleted after downloading ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download installation files deleted after downloading ISO: I had the Windows 10 install files in $WINDOWS.~BT and $Windows.~WS totalling >5GB. A few days ago I decided to also download the Windows 10 ISO. I've now found that the 5GB+ installation files have been deleted. I'd like to have both options regarding the upgrade and...