Windows 10: File cannot be opened

Discus and support File cannot be opened in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Sometime, I find, for example, a pdf file directory start with "\\?:\D:\" instead of "D:\", which makes it cannot be opened.What are the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Israa Ahmed Elnabty, Dec 28, 2021.

1. File cannot be opened

Hello,Sometime, I find, for example, a pdf file directory start with "\\?:\D:\" instead of "D:\", which makes it cannot be opened.What are the possibilities for this and how can I solve it?Thank you,

:)

Israa Ahmed Elnabty, Dec 28, 2021
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 28, 2021
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile File cannot be opened :)

jaydeee, Dec 28, 2021
  4. File cannot be opened

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

File cannot be opened

1. File cannot be opened - Similar Threads - File cannot opened

2. File cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File cannot be opened: Hello,Sometime, I find, for example, a pdf file directory start with "\\?:\D:\" instead of "D:\", which makes it cannot be opened.What are the possibilities for this and how can I solve it?Thank you,...
  3. File cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File cannot be opened: Hello,Sometime, I find, for example, a pdf file directory start with "\\?:\D:\" instead of "D:\", which makes it cannot be opened.What are the possibilities for this and how can I solve it?Thank you,...
  4. Cannot Open Folders or Files

Cannot Open Folders or Files: I copied a folder from my account Account A to another account Account B. I then switched to Account B and tried to open the folder. I received an error message "Application not found". I found that strange so I looked at the folder properties and it clearly identifies in...
  5. Cannot open files

Cannot open files: I can't open any of the files created in Windows 7 and saved to Dropbox in Windows 10. A box pops up "...file cannot be opened or retrieved: the file cannot be found." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-files/7ea8c3c7-dbd7-4aeb-a11e-446f5f295986"
  6. Cannot open zip files

Cannot open zip files: So I've read some other posts, and tried some of the solutions and it still hasn't brought me closer to opening a zip file. I have Windows 10 Home. Not sure what else would be pertinent to include, but let me know if there is something. I have made sure my Windows is...
  7. cannot open file

cannot open file: I am facing a new problem. why not this file open and I try several time. can anyone have this solution [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-file/384d2e97-4abc-4947-ade5-14810131338e"
  8. Cannot open files

Cannot open files: I cannot open files because there is no app that should perform the action. How to install this app or create an association in the default apps setting page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-files/68dd7bcc-b8cc-4fb8-a249-e680ef9516b3"
  9. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243
  10. Cannot open files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open files: Hi- Used Laplink Pcmover Pro to transfer my files from my old computer to the new. Problem is that now I can't open pictures, documents, music on the new computer. Keep getting message that I need permission to open this file. 41881