Windows 10: File can't delete on HDD..?

Discus and support File can't delete on HDD..? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All I have few files on my Toshiba ext. HDD that don't seem to able to delete .. Any ideas..? I have signed out , restart tha laptop .. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonCFL, Nov 13, 2018.

1. RonCFL Win User

File can't delete on HDD..?

Hi All
    I have few files on my Toshiba ext. HDD that don't seem to able to delete ..
    Any ideas..?
    I have signed out , restart tha laptop ..
    Thanks

File can't delete on HDD..? [​IMG]

:)

RonCFL, Nov 13, 2018
  2. UbErN00b Win User

Need suggestions to recover deleted data from HDD

As is my username I was a bit of a big n00b this morning, installing a fresh Win8 and accidentally deleted my downloads HDD instead of my SSD, don't ask, I was hungover is all I can think.

It hasn't been formatted or touched since I pressed delete so am hopeful I can recover most of the files, any suggestions for software to do so?

UbErN00b, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. File can't delete on HDD..? - Similar Threads - File can't delete

2. Can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a file: I can't delete a file from my desktop - I either get an error code that the file isn't empty, the file isn't synchronized or that I don't have permission to delete the file. I changed the administrator permissions so that I have full control of the folder but I still can't...
  3. Can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a file: I can't delete a file from my desktop - I either get an error code that the file isn't empty, the file isn't synchronized or that I don't have permission to delete the file. I changed the administrator permissions so that I have full control of the folder but I still can't...
  4. can't delete file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't delete file: [ATTACH] The last time i played Forza i downloaded it thru the Microsoft store but they've changed it when i deleted the game it left the program file and i can't delete it is there a way around this?...
  5. I can't delete a potentially virus infected file on my HDD.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't delete a potentially virus infected file on my HDD.: I cant delete a particular file on my hard drive and I've been on this for about a week. At first, I used defender and it didn't detect it. Next, I used malware bytes and it didn't detect it. I tried using cmd to delete it and nothing. The virus doesn't actually harm my...
  6. Want to delete files on external HDD, but can't.

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to delete files on external HDD, but can't.: Windows Version: 20H2 Build 19042.985 I have an external HDD that is a leftover from a previous laptop and I'm using it for backup. I deleted what I could from it, but it still has some files left that I can't delete. When I try, I get a message telling me I need...
  7. deleting file history on external HDD

deleting file history on external HDD: Hi there I have backed up all my photos, videos and important documents to an external HDD can I delete the file history on the external HDD without losing everything that I have backed up on there. Many thanks scared to delete...
  8. can't delete file

in Windows 10 Support
    can't delete file: I've been deleting files like this every week for a couple of years. They're backup files and large so I must delete one to make a new backup. The file is on an external drive. When I try to delete it I get the message "Folder access denied" (it's not a folder, it's a file)...
  9. Can't delete files!

Can't delete files!: For some weird reason, sometimes I can't delete files on my desktop. Says I don't have permission! I'm the only user and have checked all the usual permission places. I have full control. If I restart the PC it's fine again. Can't save any work to the desktop either. All my...
  10. Can't delete files?

Can't delete files?: I installed GIMP yesterday to try editing on it, didn't like it so I deleted it. Didn't delete or uninstall it properly so now whenever I search GIMP in my library in the THIS PC tab it has a bunch of files that I can't delete. I'll put pictures because I'm not good with...