Windows 10: File change log?

Discus and support File change log? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello My OS (Windows 10 Home) is installed on an SSD drive, and my data files are on HDD drive. My HDD drive (4 years old) died without warning, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LastFlipper038, Jul 28, 2019.

1. File change log?

Hello

My OS (Windows 10 Home) is installed on an SSD drive, and my data files are on HDD drive.

My HDD drive (4 years old) died without warning, and is also scratched (as the lab claim) which makes it impossible to recover.

Fortunately, I have a backup which is 2 months old, but I wanted to be able to see which files on the dead HDD were changed during these past 2 months.

I'm not expecting to be able to see the actual change, but I want to be able to figure out which files my backup is missing, or which files were changed during these past 2 months.

Is there any kind of a log that can indicate on the files that were written during that time? Or any other way?

Thank you

:)

LastFlipper038, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

File change log?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

File change log?

1. File change log? - Similar Threads - File change log

2. log files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    log files: hp computer with windows 10 , system stop loading windows 10 and now I am getting this error message " AUTOMATIC REPAIR COULDN'T REPAIR YOUR PC" log file: D:recovery\windowsRE\Winre.wim\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt . can someone help me out ? thanks...
  3. log files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    log files: hp computer with windows 10 , system stop loading windows 10 and now I am getting this error message " AUTOMATIC REPAIR COULDN'T REPAIR YOUR PC" log file: D:recovery\windowsRE\Winre.wim\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt . can someone help me out ? thanks...
  4. Log files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Log files: Hi i have question about log files how to clear them or what is it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-files/d1fb7b79-c2da-4338-b2fb-19adbe3d9867
  5. Log files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log files: Hi i have question about log files how to clear them or what is it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-files/d1fb7b79-c2da-4338-b2fb-19adbe3d9867
  6. Log files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. log file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    log file: Hi What does this mean?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-file/b8e59a5a-5155-4380-9b0c-a17a43ab7920
  8. log file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    log file: Where do i view log files after SFC/SCANNOW and how do i read them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-file/fcea13c0-b4e8-4223-add0-a330a03e0bd1
  9. log in changed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in changed: Windows 10 usually logs in with the name I assigned to my computer "Charlee" (with no password) Today I used my microsoft e-mail account to download an application. When I restarted the computer, the screen log in changed. Now "Charlee" is gone, and "rubs@xxxxx.com" appears...
  10. Logging of files changed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Logging of files changed: Does anyone know where the changes are tracked locally of the files that were modified during an update ? Any log files or way to figure out what the one cumulative update actually did? The new method of lumping the patches makes it more difficult to troubleshoot when...