Windows 10: File checker

Discus and support File checker in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; We need some sort of file checking thing for when we are downloading huge files, wonder when we can even expect it to happen if ever?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by WHITELIONX, Jan 22, 2020.

1. File checker

We need some sort of file checking thing for when we are downloading huge files, wonder when we can even expect it to happen if ever?

:)

WHITELIONX, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 22, 2020
  3. System File Checker

To make a long story short, when I contacted Microsoft a few days ago about a problem I’ve been having, one of the possible solutions they gave me was to use the System File Checker tool. When I asked Microsoft’s Virtual Agent about it, she came
    back with “…To run it:

• Select Start Windows logo Start button, and in the search box, enter
      Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/").
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").”

After the steps, she provided a link to learn more about the tool (System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot).
    However, that did not help me much.

Regarding steps 2 and 3, do I have to press “enter” after “…Restorehealth,” or do I type “…Restorehealth sfc /scannow” AND THEN press “enter?”

MasterYoda1041, Jan 22, 2020
  4. File checker

File Explorer Freezes when I select this .wav file

Hi Ashkan,

The issue may occur due to corrupted files. In order for us to assist you, we need to gather additional information:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • Were there any error message?

In the meantime, we suggest to run this article:
    Using System File Checker in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

File checker

1. File checker - Similar Threads - File checker

2. BSOD help - dmp files, windows memory checker immediately errored with Hardware issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD help - dmp files, windows memory checker immediately errored with Hardware issues.: Hello I have been getting many BSOD over the past few months and running windows memory check immediately said I have hardware issues.Link to DMP files https://www.mediafire.com/file/btvvkjjuusj7y6y/dump+files.zip/fileTo add to this sometimes when I am playing a video game...
  3. BSOD help - dmp files, windows memory checker immediately errored with Hardware issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD help - dmp files, windows memory checker immediately errored with Hardware issues.: Hello I have been getting many BSOD over the past few months and running windows memory check immediately said I have hardware issues.Link to DMP files https://www.mediafire.com/file/btvvkjjuusj7y6y/dump+files.zip/fileTo add to this sometimes when I am playing a video game...
  4. Cannot run file integrity checker SFC /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run file integrity checker SFC /scannow: Every time I try to run SFC /scannow I get the following message "windows resource protection could not start the repair service".I'm running as admin, tried safe mode, tried to start the service manually "don't know if it's the correct one".Please advise....
  5. Cannot run file integrity checker SFC /scannow

Cannot run file integrity checker SFC /scannow: Every time I try to run SFC /scannow I get the following message "windows resource protection could not start the repair service".I'm running as admin, tried safe mode, tried to start the service manually "don't know if it's the correct one".Please advise....
  6. Cannot run file integrity checker SFC /scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Do i need to run the System File Checker everytime before I update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do i need to run the System File Checker everytime before I update?: For some background i first noticed an issue when my windows was not updating and giving me an error. After asking this community, they recommended I do this. I also had issues with my brightness control, while logged on my brightness would not change and once the computer...
  8. Do i need to run the System File Checker everytime before I update?

Do i need to run the System File Checker everytime before I update?: For some background i first noticed an issue when my windows was not updating and giving me an error. After asking this community, they recommended I do this. I also had issues with my brightness control, while logged on my brightness would not change and once the computer...
  9. how to check a txt file full of product keys using a pid checker? not ultimate pid checker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to check a txt file full of product keys using a pid checker? not ultimate pid checker...: help, i cannot use ultimate pid checker because i t is old. i cannot use microsoft pid checker because i t cannot use txt files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-a-txt-file-full-of-product-keys-using/b6fb419d-4172-4d45-af50-2ef96d2c850b
  10. how to check a txt file full of product keys using a pid checker? not ultimate pid checker...

how to check a txt file full of product keys using a pid checker? not ultimate pid checker...: help, i cannot use ultimate pid checker because i t is old. i cannot use microsoft pid checker because i t cannot use txt files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-a-txt-file-full-of-product-keys-using/b6fb419d-4172-4d45-af50-2ef96d2c850b