Windows 10: File compression help (winrar / 7zip) to make smaller than 4 GB SFX file

Discus and support File compression help (winrar / 7zip) to make smaller than 4 GB SFX file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good day! I need your help! I have a folder which is at almost 21 GB of size. When I try to make a SFX (self execute/.exe), it goes to ~6gb file .exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/needmoreepix, Feb 25, 2021.

1. File compression help (winrar / 7zip) to make smaller than 4 GB SFX file

Good day!

I need your help! I have a folder which is at almost 21 GB of size. When I try to make a SFX (self execute/.exe), it goes to ~6gb file .exe (with winrar), and ~4.5gb (with 7zip) - both are made by best compression and highest stock aize. Hwever windows not support (can't start at all) a .exe file whats higher than 4GB.

My question is: - do you know, how can I make it done under a 4gb size? - if thats possible to split it into several files (via compression), making a SFX from them? I need something whats do the following: when you start the .exe it will combine/extract all splitted files into one single folder (the original whats mentioned above -nearly 21gb), but the exe remains under 4gb.

If any of this possible, please give me a detailed how-to-do guide about it!

Thank you so much for your help!

Ps: i hope you can understand me, sorry but the english id not my native language

submitted by /u/needmoreepix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/needmoreepix, Feb 25, 2021
  2. RejZoR Win User

Compress files??

If you're compressing programs, 7zip beats everything easily. If multimedia files are also involved, RAR can sometimes take the lead due to multimedia compressors. But in nearly all the tests that i've done, 7zip is simply better and faster.

RejZoR, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Compress files??

I use 7zip or Winrar for all my archiving needs.

1 super compression program that I know is the KGB archiver. but that's a long time ago, I dunno if its still good now

lyndonguitar, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

File compression help (winrar / 7zip) to make smaller than 4 GB SFX file

Compress files??

Best compression is RAR. First split archive and then put that multiple archive pieces in one archive. Kinda "yo dawg so you can have archive inside archive". Even packs with jpg and mp3 files can get smaller in size. The only con is winrar isn't freeware but you can use sharweare version.

Drone, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

File compression help (winrar / 7zip) to make smaller than 4 GB SFX file

1. File compression help (winrar / 7zip) to make smaller than 4 GB SFX file - Similar Threads - File compression help

2. When I make self-extracting files in WinRar with the 64-bit sfx module, windows Antivirus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I make self-extracting files in WinRar with the 64-bit sfx module, windows Antivirus...: English:It always detects it as a virus, even if it is creating a self-extracting Rar archive with an empty plain text file. As for where I got it from, WinRar was directly from their official website, this very "https://www.winrar.es"Certainly, there is a solution to the...
  3. When I make self-extracting files in WinRar with the 64-bit sfx module, windows Antivirus...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I make self-extracting files in WinRar with the 64-bit sfx module, windows Antivirus...: English:It always detects it as a virus, even if it is creating a self-extracting Rar archive with an empty plain text file. As for where I got it from, WinRar was directly from their official website, this very "https://www.winrar.es"Certainly, there is a solution to the...
  4. WinZip - WinRar - etc., for large file compression and transfer?

WinZip - WinRar - etc., for large file compression and transfer?: Greetings all again.... Win XP Pro, (SP3), (1 TB HD), on computer...... I have MANY HUGE files saved in an external hard drive that, when I attempt to transfer them to my XP computer from the EXT HD,, I get an error indicating that the file name is to long ....( I am...
  5. No send to compressed file help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No send to compressed file help: [ATTACH] so I was trying to zip a file but the compressed zip file is missing? can someone help I went to the send to folder and the compressed zip file was still there and it was not corrupted. I spent a lot of time trouble shooting....
  6. Any ideas to compress every file of a particular type into a separate WinRAR (or 7zip or...

Any ideas to compress every file of a particular type into a separate WinRAR (or 7zip or...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/byrd1uk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tw44ut/any_ideas_to_compress_every_file_of_a_particular/
  7. is it possible to make the cursor smaller than default?

is it possible to make the cursor smaller than default?: i love how small the cursor is on a 1440p resolution but it looks so bulky in 1080p. if there's any way to change the cursor size to smaller than smallest possible please let me know. if there's a custom small cursor 'pack' w/ all the cursor types i.e. move, loading, busy,...
  8. is it possible to make the cursor smaller than default?

is it possible to make the cursor smaller than default?: i love how small the cursor is on a 1440p resolution but it looks so bulky in 1080p. if there's any way to change the cursor size to smaller than default please let me know. if there's a custom small cursor 'pack' w/ all the cursor types i.e. move, loading, busy, etc. link...
  9. exe files opening in 7zip

exe files opening in 7zip: I am at wits end right now. So, I removed 7zip a couple of hours ago, and am tired, so I go to install MCedit, only for 7zip, in which i already deleted, trying to open it, even is mcedit installer is a exe. Ive tried everything, please help!!!!! -Lav...
  10. jpeg photo file--make smaller file size to send

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    jpeg photo file--make smaller file size to send: how to make a jpeg smaller file size to post or send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/jpeg-photo-file-make-smaller-file-size-to-send/317fd74d-1352-4e5e-910a-85773a389026

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 7zip sfx

2. sfx winrar guide