Windows 10: File copy between machines

Discus and support File copy between machines in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new Win 10 machine and I want to copy the People file from the old machine to the new. Both are HP machines, and both run the latest Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tonyboreham, Apr 25, 2020.

1. File copy between machines

I have a new Win 10 machine and I want to copy the People file from the old machine to the new. Both are HP machines, and both run the latest Win 10 updates. Can this be done ?

:)

tonyboreham, Apr 25, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Apr 25, 2020
  4. File copy between machines

Delicieuxz, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

File copy between machines

1. File copy between machines - Similar Threads - File copy between

2. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  3. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?: I have HDD A which has Windows 10 Pro. I also have HDD B which has Windows 7 Pro. They are each Virtual Machines VM's. When using B I can use it on every computer. I do not activate the internet. I simply use the VM and the programs contained. I use B with Windows Hyper-V. I...
  4. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?: I have HDD A which has Windows 10 Pro. I also have HDD B which has Windows 7 Pro. They are each Virtual Machines VM's. When using B I can use it on every computer. I do not activate the internet. I simply use the VM and the programs contained. I use B with Windows Hyper-V. I...
  5. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Copy machine to machine.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy machine to machine.: Used to be ! I run a few W-10 here and I like to keep some of them "twins", specially my Documents. It used to be that I could save all of this folder onto a small RAM and then copy it back to another Documents on any other machine. No mas ! When it was possible, it would...
  7. Onedrive not synced between machines.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not synced between machines.: Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Laptop. One account the same Laptop shows more file count than PC. Onedrive settings on both are exactly the same. Can I force a sync?...
  8. Copy files from Windows machine to Linux machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy files from Windows machine to Linux machine: Hi All, I wanted to copy a folder of files from windows EC2 to Linux EC2, I have tried pscp but it is asking pem key file to validate, its in production so i dont wanted to use that. I am using both the machines in windows AD, so is there way to validate the authentication...
  9. File copying between PCs

File copying between PCs: I am running Windows 10 with latest updates on a HP desktop and a Lenovo notepad. I would like to be able to copy folders between the two computers over wifi. How can I do this?...
  10. File Copy between Win10 and Win2003 Server

File Copy between Win10 and Win2003 Server: Hello, I'm have an issuing when copying a file from a Windows 10 workstation to a FQDN Windows server 2003 resource. The environment is as follows; SERVER Windows 2003 SP2 Server (x86) (Domain Controller) FQDN = server1.company.local IP Address = 192.168.10.10...