Windows 10: File copy not very successful

Discus and support File copy not very successful in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 7 and a 128GB SanDisk microSDXC card and I'm having problems coping files successfully to it. I'm trying to copy 60GB+ of photos,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KerryTurner, Apr 29, 2020.

1. File copy not very successful

I have a Surface Pro 7 and a 128GB SanDisk microSDXC card and I'm having problems coping files successfully to it. I'm trying to copy 60GB+ of photos, 320 directories and some subdirectories. I usually get half that copy successfully but the rest may initially seam ok but when I go into the directories they either show no files or just the JPG icon but no picture image. I tried a number of times but no improvement.

:)

KerryTurner, Apr 29, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Apr 29, 2020
  4. File copy not very successful

Delicieuxz, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

File copy not very successful

1. File copy not very successful - Similar Threads - File copy very

2. Ctrl-A in File Explorer is very slow. "Copy as path" also slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl-A in File Explorer is very slow. "Copy as path" also slow.: Selecting all the items in a folder in File Explorer is slower than any previous version of Windows I've worked with. And by slower I mean really slow.You can test it by going into a folder containing a good amount of items like C:\Windows\WinSxS. Do a Ctrl-A and wait. Then...
  3. Ctrl-A in File Explorer is very slow. "Copy as path" also slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl-A in File Explorer is very slow. "Copy as path" also slow.: Selecting all the items in a folder in File Explorer is slower than any previous version of Windows I've worked with. And by slower I mean really slow.You can test it by going into a folder containing a good amount of items like C:\Windows\WinSxS. Do a Ctrl-A and wait. Then...
  4. External very slow to copy files onto it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External very slow to copy files onto it: I normally copy a folder full of files (9GB) off my Windows 10 pc onto 2 External Drives as backup Do it weekly and never had a problem. I copied the folder to one of the extenals today and it took 7 minutes Started to copy them to the second External straight afterwards and...
  5. Copy speeds are very slow on PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy speeds are very slow on PC.: I'm copying some files that are 8gb each and the speeds keep changing. They went from 1gbps to 40 Mbps. Any help on how to speed this up? submitted by /u/Depression126 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i51f3m/copy_speeds_are_very_slow_on_pc/
  6. VERY Slow file Copy Transfer Rate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VERY Slow file Copy Transfer Rate: I am not sure if I am having a software setting or hardware issue. I just installed a new SSD in my laptop no problem there, instead of wasting the original 2TB HDD I bought a CDROM Caddy to replace the CDROM drive. The 2TB HDD is secured in the caddy and connected via the...
  7. Laptop gets very slow while copying/moving files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop gets very slow while copying/moving files: My laptop used to work great in every aspect on windows 10 days ago .... 2 days ago i installed linux mint to give it a try and formatted the hard disk, but i couldn't acclimate to linux os. so i downloaded W10 iso and did a fresh install...but i discovered that my laptop...
  8. Copying to USB Very Slow

Copying to USB Very Slow: A few times a week I backup my data files to my extended hdd and my USB. Seems it take forever to copy to the USB. Very short time to copy to Extended hdd. I've tried deleting to old backup first so there will be no need to replace and files. That doesn't seem to be...
  9. Copying to external Hdd very slow

Copying to external Hdd very slow: Hi all, I have a I5 desktop 8gb memory, with a 256 ssd startup-disk (C:\) and an internal Hdd 2Tb (D:\) where all my files are stored. The windows-version is 10 pro. Now i have an external Hdd 3Tb connected via USB3 to my pc. I 'd like to make a 1on1 copy of all my...
  10. Refresh very very low on desktop or folder when copy or move files

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh very very low on desktop or folder when copy or move files: Is some time that when i copy or move files on different folders or also files from folders to desktop, the file copied or moved appear after time, not immediately also if the dimesion is very little. Sometime i must select refresh on desktop or F5 on folder to see files...