Windows 10: File Copy or Move Focus for Dialog Box

Discus and support File Copy or Move Focus for Dialog Box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've noticed a very annoying aspect of Windows 10. When I copy or move a file and there is a conflict, the dialog box normally doesn't take focus, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nigelmercier, Dec 2, 2015.

1. File Copy or Move Focus for Dialog Box

I've noticed a very annoying aspect of Windows 10. When I copy or move a file and there is a conflict, the dialog box normally doesn't take focus, it just sits on the task bar. OK, it is flashing, but I often miss it.

Is there a fix?

:)

nigelmercier, Dec 2, 2015

2. Win10 - 'Copy File' dialog box

Hi Paola,

This is not helpful as, when I try that support link, I am advised that I have "currently no contract associated with this account".

Gerald13522, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Win10 - 'Copy File' dialog box

Hi Gerald,

For any Windows10 Enterprise issues, you may get in touch with one of our representative from
    Windows Business Customer Support.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Paola Gar, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

File Copy or Move Focus for Dialog Box

1. File Copy or Move Focus for Dialog Box - Similar Threads - File Copy Move

2. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  3. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  4. copy move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...
  5. Dialog box " Replace or skip file" missing - Creating copies instead

Dialog box " Replace or skip file" missing - Creating copies instead: I am not sure when this started, I have not tried copying files for a few months. I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.900 Installed 2/13/2020 Most recent updates are KB4561600, KB4560960 both in June 2020. Looked for newer updates but none...
  6. File Open Dialog Box Issues

File Open Dialog Box Issues: Since today I've noticed that the Windows file open dialog box crashes the app calling it. For example, I use Soundforge Pro 11 and if I click the icon or the menu item for file open, the dialog appears followed by an error message from the application saying the program has...
  7. This pc dialog box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This pc dialog box: My pc dialog box keeps comming up for no reason at all. Any suggestions on how to fix problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-dialog-box/80473ef0-aea3-483e-bf22-d57158641d47
  8. File Copy/Delete Progress bar in individual dialog boxes

File Copy/Delete Progress bar in individual dialog boxes: I am trying to improve my workflow and I cannot find the adjustment to a setting that I'm relatively sure exists because I'm pretty sure I've used it before. When copying, deleting, etc. two large files or groups of files, a dialog box appears showing the progress. It says "2...
  9. Skip or replace files dialog box missing while copying files with same names

Skip or replace files dialog box missing while copying files with same names: I have a very large volume of folders copied from my old XP laptop now on my Windows 10 laptop but i cant move them into the main file without them merging into the same folder because i have different files i want to keep seperate. For example if I have a folder on my...
  10. Weird focus moving behavior in windows 10 dialogs and even Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird focus moving behavior in windows 10 dialogs and even Edge: I began having this issue recently and may even be in connection to updates done on march 12. here it is on start menu - video from my phone (youtube) and here it is on a settings menu I cannot type in Edge's address bar.. focus switches to the bookmark star whenever I...