Windows 10: File copying between PCs

Discus and support File copying between PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 with latest updates on a HP desktop and a Lenovo notepad. I would like to be able to copy folders between the two computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidGettleman, Dec 10, 2019.

1. File copying between PCs

I am running Windows 10 with latest updates on a HP desktop and a Lenovo notepad. I would like to be able to copy folders between the two computers over wifi. How can I do this?

:)

DavidGettleman, Dec 10, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

File copying between PCs

Copieing files

Hi IRB4U,

Just to verify your concern, are you having issues copying or transferring files from the local drive of your PC? If so, kindly provide answers to these questions below so we can further assess the issue.

• What type of files are you copying/transferring that you are having issues with?
    • Where are you transferring the files into?
    • Does this happen only when transferring large-sized files?
    • When did this issue start to occur?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done?
    • What is the current edition, version and OS build of Windows installed on your PC? (Information can be found via
      Settings > System > About)
    • Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC that may have triggered this performance issue?

In the mean time, I would suggest performing some basic troubleshooting steps to improve your PC performance. Kindly refer to
    this link for the steps. Try all the steps from that link, and if you encounter any errors along the way, please
    let us know by replying to this post.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

File copying between PCs

1. File copying between PCs - Similar Threads - File copying between

2. File copy between machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File copy between machines: I have a new Win 10 machine and I want to copy the People file from the old machine to the new. Both are HP machines, and both run the latest Win 10 updates. Can this be done ?...
  3. File sharing between Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing between Windows 10 PCs: Used to be able to share files between a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 7 PC, but it doesn't work now that I upgraded the Windows 7 to Windows 10. Tried to share the Users folder with Everybody, but got a message that the files could not be shared. How do I fix?...
  4. Trying to share files between two PCs

Trying to share files between two PCs: I have two PCs running the latest Windows 10 software connected to the same network. I really need to be able to have the computers see each other so I can share files between the two. However, that doesn't seem to be the case and I always seem to have problems. For the sake...
  5. Unable to share files between PCs over Ethernet

Unable to share files between PCs over Ethernet: 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH! 3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^) 4)...
  6. FAILED File transfer between PCs

FAILED File transfer between PCs: 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH! 3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^) 4)...
  7. File sharing between Windows 10 PCs

File sharing between Windows 10 PCs: Once again a Windows 10 update has shut down our private network file sharing on my wife's and my two Windows 10 computers. This happens every time there is a large update, but I don't remember the fix. We both keep some accounting files on each of our two office computers...
  8. Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?: I recently moved out to the countryside, and had to give up my 100Gb/sec unlimited bandwidth internet, for Satellite Internet with a monthly cap of a whopping 20GB. Forza Horizons 4 just came out. Quote: Approximate size 63.28 GB So, as you can see, I have an issue....
  9. Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?: I recently moved out to the countryside, and had to give up my 100Gb/sec unlimited bandwidth internet, for Satellite Internet with a monthly cap of a whopping 20GB. Forza Horizons 4 just came out. Quote: Approximate size 63.28 GB So, as you can see, I have an issue....
  10. File Copy between Win10 and Win2003 Server

File Copy between Win10 and Win2003 Server: Hello, I'm have an issuing when copying a file from a Windows 10 workstation to a FQDN Windows server 2003 resource. The environment is as follows; SERVER Windows 2003 SP2 Server (x86) (Domain Controller) FQDN = server1.company.local IP Address = 192.168.10.10...