Windows 10: File corruption when copying large files

Discus and support File corruption when copying large files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I'm experiencing a problem with Windows 10 where I get corrupt backup files if I copy and paste them from one connected external hard drive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JosephGodino, Nov 3, 2021.

1. File corruption when copying large files

Hello,I'm experiencing a problem with Windows 10 where I get corrupt backup files if I copy and paste them from one connected external hard drive to another, and the transfer rate is too fast. These files are very large, tending to range in size from 20 GB to 100 GB. Whenever I do a backup, I hash every source file and every copy, and then compare the hashes, so that it is crystal clear as to whether the files have been copied accurately.In general, I find corruption of backups in the transfer to be a common event, and it is something that happens without warning. Thus my backup plans only

:)

JosephGodino, Nov 3, 2021
Thema:

File corruption when copying large files

1. File corruption when copying large files - Similar Threads - File corruption copying

2. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to copy file metadata for a large number of files: I have a lot of videos saved on my hard drive, each of which has a director listed in the metadata. I want to get a full list of those videos along with their directors, but can't seem to find a way to do so with Excel, or any other tool within Windows file explorer - there's...
  3. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy file metadata for a large number of files: I have a lot of videos saved on my hard drive, each of which has a director listed in the metadata. I want to get a full list of those videos along with their directors, but can't seem to find a way to do so with Excel, or any other tool within Windows file explorer - there's...
  4. Copy files to SSD of large size corrupted after a while

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy files to SSD of large size corrupted after a while: Windows 10 Pro 19045 - 22H2Attempts1- Copy 207Gb from HD Mechanic 250 Gb to HD Mechanic 3Tb USB --> Success2- Copy same package from HD Mechanic 250 Gb to 4Tb SSD USB --> Fail after 70Gb; from then on, every file copied is corrupted, regardless of the format; SSD NTFS;...
  5. Copy files to SSD of large size corrupted after a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy files to SSD of large size corrupted after a while: Windows 10 Pro 19045 - 22H2Attempts1- Copy 207Gb from HD Mechanic 250 Gb to HD Mechanic 3Tb USB --> Success2- Copy same package from HD Mechanic 250 Gb to 4Tb SSD USB --> Fail after 70Gb; from then on, every file copied is corrupted, regardless of the format; SSD NTFS;...
  6. Copy files to SSD of large size corrupted after a while

7. When copying and pasting large files or playing gamesBSOD,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When copying and pasting large files or playing gamesBSOD,: When copying and pasting large files or playing games, blue screen is easy to appearhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1GdOH8kozuEwpGTYYvyF2iYL8idj_PX7j/view?usp=sharing...
  8. When copying and pasting large files or playing gamesBSOD,

When copying and pasting large files or playing gamesBSOD,: When copying and pasting large files or playing games, blue screen is easy to appearhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1GdOH8kozuEwpGTYYvyF2iYL8idj_PX7j/view?usp=sharing...
  9. When copying and pasting large files or playing gamesBSOD,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Copying large MP4 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying large MP4 files: I have a flash drive created by a company that transfers old 8mm movies and old VHS tapes to digital format. The files are formatted in MP4 and the total volume the 30 separate files on this drive is approximately 105Gb. Most of the files are less than 4Gb but some are...