Windows 10: File couldn't be deleted

Discus and support File couldn't be deleted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded this file named certain solution module from a website. The file was not what I expected. It was something else which modified my google... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GunreetKaur, May 28, 2019.

1. File couldn't be deleted

I downloaded this file named certain solution module from a website. The file was not what I expected. It was something else which modified my google chrome with a chinese search engine.

The file relocated itself to the DVD drive folder and is not getting deleted even after multiple attempts. I have tried 'delete' option, 'del' button and the command prompt as well.

I also used the process explorer to delete that file. On chosing the 'close handle' command, it shows 'Invalid Handle'.

As such that particular file isn't showing any problems but I'm afraid that it may be a virus or something trying to steal information.

How to I delete the file permanently from my computer?

:)

GunreetKaur, May 28, 2019

2. How to delete Suggested Sites in Win 10 Edge

Hi Annu,

Neither worked.

Proxy server for LAN wasn`t checked, and after I carried out Step 1 I couldn`t get Edge or IE11 to load. And none of my Bookmark bar links worked.After carrying out a reboot I got Edge back , and the links were working ,but of course my most used sites had
    cleared.And I still couldn`t remove the Suggested Sites.

Although this Suggested Sites is annoying, because it never shows any suggested sites, and I can`t get rid of it, I think I`ll just leave "well enough alone!"

Regards,

David

barrierlee, May 28, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 28, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

File couldn't be deleted

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 28, 2019
Thema:

File couldn't be deleted

1. File couldn't be deleted - Similar Threads - File couldn't deleted

2. File won’t open! “Sorry, we couldn't find your file. Was it moved, renamed, or deleted?”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File won’t open! “Sorry, we couldn't find your file. Was it moved, renamed, or deleted?”: I had a word document that was a “recovered file” I worked for hours on this file, and then saved it to my desktop for easy access under an actual file name instead of as “recovered document”. I closed my laptop and returned later. Instead of that document being there, the...
  3. File won’t open! “Sorry, we couldn't find your file. Was it moved, renamed, or deleted?”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File won’t open! “Sorry, we couldn't find your file. Was it moved, renamed, or deleted?”: I had a word document that was a “recovered file” I worked for hours on this file, and then saved it to my desktop for easy access under an actual file name instead of as “recovered document”. I closed my laptop and returned later. Instead of that document being there, the...
  4. Couldn't save File in Matlab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Couldn't save File in Matlab: I am unable to save the .m9 file that I have made in Matlab and this window pops out !It is saying to contact the administrator to obtain permission.Please help to resolve this issue as soon as possible....
  5. Couldn't delete a PDF file

Couldn't delete a PDF file: I have spent 2 days trying to delete a PDF file in my Download folder. I've tried everything I could read to fix this issue. So I finally rec'd a msg that stated this file was in use by a program. I use Foxit. I tried to rename, could not. So I opened it in Edge. Tried to...
  6. Dump File Couldn't Be Created ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dump File Couldn't Be Created ?: my PC rebooted by his self while I was coding in Visual Studio, I've checked the Event Viewer and seen that the Dump file couldn't be created, Can it be the issue that causes the unexpected crash ? Here's the error from Event Viwer: "Dump file creation failed due to...
  7. Microsoft Surface Book 2: Couldn't delete files

Microsoft Surface Book 2: Couldn't delete files: So I had purchased recently the Microsoft surface book 2 and I was super excited about it. Recently, however I couldn't delete some files and was having trouble with that. I tried deleting and it just didn't want to do as I said. Finally, took me an hour to figure out a way...
  8. Couldn't mount file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Couldn't mount file: I bought a new desktop pc--Yeah! As instructed I downloaded all my old pc files to an external hard drive-- Fat32. When I try to open the files on my new pc, I am told "Couldn't mount file" and to use Disk Mgt snap-in---whatever that is. I am just trying to access my old...
  9. Temporary files i couldn't delete..(Windows 19H1)

Temporary files i couldn't delete..(Windows 19H1): I was trying to get windows insider update 19H1, while installing it, my system ran into trouble by showing blue screen and it stopped installing updates, after that it done the undo operation, and took over 10GB of my system space, since i'm using SSD250GB machine every MB...
  10. Couldn't Mount File Warning

Couldn't Mount File Warning: What does this mean exactly? Couldn't Mount File Virtual hard disk files can't be mounted from image files, or from removable media that isn't formatted with NTFS file system. I like 10 but being forced back to 8.1 because Speech Recognition not working so well for me...