Windows 10: File creation date is changed

Discus and support File creation date is changed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alice AMI, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Alice AMI Win User

File creation date is changed

The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong

:)

Alice AMI, Nov 24, 2018

2. More about file Creation and Modification File Dates

When a document is copied to a new location, the mod and creation date are changed to the date of the copy. But with picture and video files, these always also retain the original creation date regardless of how many times they were copied or edited.
    Why can’t something like this be implemented for other file types?

But the system is what it is. For those of you who need to know the actual date a file was created and/or modified, how do you keep track of this? Some files, like PDF’s also retain this data which can be viewed from within Acrobat or the Reader, but
    most other files just rely on Window’s properties. Any suggestions?

LonWinters, Nov 24, 2018
  3. graye Win User
    Restore from the File History overwrites the creation and change dates of all directories

The short answer is "no"

There is a fundamental issue with creation and mod dates on folders that make them more difficult to change. There are some free 3rd-party utilities that can help...

How to Change the Last Modified Date, Creation Date, and Last Accessed Date for Files and Folders

graye, Nov 24, 2018
  4. File creation date is changed

Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

File creation date is changed

1. File creation date is changed - Similar Threads - File creation date

2. Change folder creation date to match newest file inside?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change folder creation date to match newest file inside?: Windows 10 x64 20H2 There's one root folder with a lot of subfolders. Each subfolder has one or more subfolders which have the files. I need to copy out every file created since October 2020, by selecting the second level folders so that their subfolders and all files in them...
  3. Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?: Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I hope everyone is staying safe and well from this coronavirus mess I've been a longtime Microsoft OneDrive user and paying customer going all the wayback to the original days of SkyDrive I have had a huge issue and problem with...
  4. Keeping the creation date of a file when reorganising files in directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keeping the creation date of a file when reorganising files in directory: I´m reorganising my files in a more orderly way and therefore drag the files, created with former dates, into the new captions. Windows 10 saves them automatically, but then the original creation date of my files is lost and I would like to keep them. How to solve this...
  5. change date of a file

change date of a file: Please tell me how to change the creation date and modification date of a file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-of-a-file/bb7e76a2-aca7-46a3-b941-8e1cdd55cec1"
  6. Files Creation Date

in Windows 10 Support
    Files Creation Date: Helllo, I have several folders with important documents, letters, notes etc. To keep then safe I just copied the several folders to another location (another disc) in the computer. Noticed that all files in the new location got current date as creation date, not as the...
  7. Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files!

Microsoft Keeps Changing My ' Original Creation Date ' On My OneDrive Files!: Hello everyone and Happy Holidays to you all! I'm in desperate need of assistance and help with my OneDrive account. The OneDrive E - Mail Support is absolutely laughable and no help at all whatsoever I collect pro wrestling title histories as a small hobby project. I...
  8. File Explorer fails to sort photos in creation date

File Explorer fails to sort photos in creation date: I am compiling an album of vacation photos and need to sort them by creation date as there may be some filename changes and photoediting involved. The files are sourced from a camera SD card and two samsung smartphones. The sort by creation date appears to sort the files in...
  9. File Manager for Sorting Files by Creation Date Across Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Manager for Sorting Files by Creation Date Across Folders: I am needing to sort all data files on my disk in chronological order. Does anybody know of a free app that will let me sort all my files in chrono order? This came up in my first search: Total Commander Total Commander - Wikipedia Total Commander - home Total Commander -...
  10. Creation Date Check

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creation Date Check: testing date creation...edit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_action/creation-date-check/c50e1109-8849-4869-a1f6-ae31440c37bd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows file manager date modified when does it change on folders

2. previewing file caused date modified to be changed