Windows 10: File creation date is changed

Discus and support File creation date is changed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alice AMI, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Alice AMI Win User

File creation date is changed

The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong

:)

Alice AMI, Nov 24, 2018

2. More about file Creation and Modification File Dates

When a document is copied to a new location, the mod and creation date are changed to the date of the copy. But with picture and video files, these always also retain the original creation date regardless of how many times they were copied or edited.
    Why can’t something like this be implemented for other file types?

But the system is what it is. For those of you who need to know the actual date a file was created and/or modified, how do you keep track of this? Some files, like PDF’s also retain this data which can be viewed from within Acrobat or the Reader, but
    most other files just rely on Window’s properties. Any suggestions?

LonWinters, Nov 24, 2018
  3. graye Win User
    Restore from the File History overwrites the creation and change dates of all directories

The short answer is "no"

There is a fundamental issue with creation and mod dates on folders that make them more difficult to change. There are some free 3rd-party utilities that can help...

How to Change the Last Modified Date, Creation Date, and Last Accessed Date for Files and Folders

graye, Nov 24, 2018
  4. File creation date is changed

Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

File creation date is changed

1. File creation date is changed - Similar Threads - File creation date

2. Word Document Creation Date Changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word Document Creation Date Changing: Hello, My OS is Windows 10 and my concern has to do with Word.When I access a previous Word document and edit the document, the creation date of the document gets updated to the date I accessed the document.For example, I created my document on August 11, 2022. I accessed it...
  3. Word Document Creation Date Changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Document Creation Date Changing: Hello, My OS is Windows 10 and my concern has to do with Word.When I access a previous Word document and edit the document, the creation date of the document gets updated to the date I accessed the document.For example, I created my document on August 11, 2022. I accessed it...
  4. Word Document Creation Date Changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creation date of a file

Creation date of a file: I rename in PowerShell an existing file from Syslog.log to SyslogBack.log. The creation date of SyslogBack.log is inherited from Syslog.log which is OK.Now I create a new Syslog.log using the PowerShell cmdlet Add-content.It turns out that Windows did not forget about the...
  6. Creation date of a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creation date of a file: I rename in PowerShell an existing file from Syslog.log to SyslogBack.log. The creation date of SyslogBack.log is inherited from Syslog.log which is OK.Now I create a new Syslog.log using the PowerShell cmdlet Add-content.It turns out that Windows did not forget about the...
  7. Creation date of a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Change folder creation date to match newest file inside?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change folder creation date to match newest file inside?: Windows 10 x64 20H2 There's one root folder with a lot of subfolders. Each subfolder has one or more subfolders which have the files. I need to copy out every file created since October 2020, by selecting the second level folders so that their subfolders and all files in them...
  9. change date of a file

change date of a file: Please tell me how to change the creation date and modification date of a file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-of-a-file/bb7e76a2-aca7-46a3-b941-8e1cdd55cec1"
  10. Files Creation Date

in Windows 10 Support
    Files Creation Date: Helllo, I have several folders with important documents, letters, notes etc. To keep then safe I just copied the several folders to another location (another disc) in the computer. Noticed that all files in the new location got current date as creation date, not as the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows file manager date modified when does it change on folders

2. previewing file caused date modified to be changed