Windows 10: File deletion, change permissions . .so complicated

Discus and support File deletion, change permissions . .so complicated in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to delete a file but need to change permissions . .why so complicated? I want to install a file of the same name but it won't let me until I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveFawcett1, Dec 25, 2018.

1. File deletion, change permissions . .so complicated

Trying to delete a file but need to change permissions . .why so complicated? I want to install a file of the same name but it won't let me until I get rid of the other file. In properties there are 9 users/groups in security and 15 group/users in advanced? how do know which to pick? I've changed ownership in advanced but there are 5 other references to me? File deletion, change permissions . .so complicated 1db7877e-973d-4101-a2df-f9c92561e3ed?upload=true.jpg

:)

SteveFawcett1, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Scoka Win User

File permissions to delete file

I am trying this, but it's taking a very long time.

Scoka, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Cannot delete files because of permission error- cannot change permissions

I just purchased a laptop running windows 10. From the moment i started working with it i noticed i couldn't delete any files. So i did the research and found the method of changing the permissions by going to the properties of the folders and changing
    the permissions. My laptop will not let me change the ownership of any files to me and will not let change my permissions to full control or even put me on the list of permissions for files. Each time i hit apply it says "changing ownership of.." and shows
    all this stuff, but in the end i get an error message saying that i couldn't get control of all of the file i just chose. Please help?

CaydenFelzien, Dec 25, 2018
  4. tom acito Win User

File deletion, change permissions . .so complicated

how to change folder and file permissions in windows 10

this is for a file... how for a folder and ALL subfolders and files

thanks.

tom acito, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

File deletion, change permissions . .so complicated

1. File deletion, change permissions . .so complicated - Similar Threads - File deletion change

2. why is OneDrive so complicate to use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is OneDrive so complicate to use?: "I’ve been a subscriber to Office 365 Home for two years, and I have had 1TB of OneDrive storage available to me. However, I have never been able to upload all 900GB of personal files. OneDrive seems to choke when about 300GB of data is uploaded. I’ve tried uploading in...
  3. why is OneDrive so complicate to use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is OneDrive so complicate to use?: "I’ve been a subscriber to Office 365 Home for two years, and I have had 1TB of OneDrive storage available to me. However, I have never been able to upload all 900GB of personal files. OneDrive seems to choke when about 300GB of data is uploaded. I’ve tried uploading in...
  4. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  5. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files with no permission to delete: So, I installed the Hitman Trilogy from XBox Game Pass and the install broke, showing an error 0x00000000. I've tracked it down to find that it's still partially installed in my D: drive in WindowsApps with one of the subsections of the game causing the error code 0x80073d12...
  6. Files with no permission to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why is Windows10 so complicated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows10 so complicated?: April 2, 2020, from windows 7 to windows 10 Seemed all good and working 13th may, 2020, opened my computer and boom! all my files are gone! My desktop is empty and the notification panel says, 'you've been signed in with a temporary profile' I thought that was easy. I...
  8. Permission to delete file and folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission to delete file and folder: [IMG]i want to delete an app from my laptop but it requires permission from system and administrator but I can't do it. Please tell me how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-delete-file-and-folder/3d51b993-bd01-4440-8d32-ac348254491d"
  9. Deleting/Changing File Permission Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting/Changing File Permission Issue: [IMG]I recently tried deleting two folder duplicates and found out that I needed permission to delete these folders from TrustedInstaller. I searched up ways to do so, but i got stuck when I encountered the window that mentions ‘Object Name’ and such. I was confused on what...
  10. File permissions to delete file

in Windows 10 Support
    File permissions to delete file: I keep having the issue of not being able to delete files without permissions. I looked up many tutorials and none of them worked for me. [img] 87463