Windows 10: file deletion problem

Discus and support file deletion problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi i caNNOT able to delete windows.old files how do i delete that i read thar it will delete automatically after 10 days but its about 20 days its not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ahmed RazaIdrisi, Sep 17, 2019.

1. file deletion problem

hi i caNNOT able to delete windows.old files how do i delete that i read thar it will delete automatically after 10 days but its about 20 days its not deleted so what do i do if i try to delete manually this will pop up

file deletion problem 4c5d28db-b794-4d4f-81ad-8d031ebf02c3?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ahmed RazaIdrisi, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 17, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 17, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

file deletion problem

Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

file deletion problem

1. file deletion problem - Similar Threads - file deletion problem

2. Problem deleting files from USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem deleting files from USB stick: Recently this process has slowed down or become impossible. Windows Explorer spends hours, even whole days, "deleting" files from a USB stick, slowing down other Explorer functions as a consequence...and then I may find that after all that wait, the selected files weren't...
  3. Problem deleting files from USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem deleting files from USB stick: Recently this process has slowed down or become impossible. Windows Explorer spends hours, even whole days, "deleting" files from a USB stick, slowing down other Explorer functions as a consequence...and then I may find that after all that wait, the selected files weren't...
  4. Problem with moving/deleting files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with moving/deleting files.: Hi guys, I've noticed that I have a problem with moving/deleting files and creating folder, the update speed it's not instantly. Let say I try to move one file from one location to another new location, I'll have to click the refresh icon of the file explorer, only then the...
  5. The problem of searching for a file to delete it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The problem of searching for a file to delete it: [ATTACH] I deleted a program and when I downloaded it again and then tried to install it, this message appears: The following file already exists Would you like to replace the existing file ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ I don't want to replace the file, I want to delete...
  6. Windows install problem/syestem file delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows install problem/syestem file delete: Mistakenly i deleted system Reserve partition when i want to install new windows. And formated windows install disk. Now i want to try install windows 10. But again and again i failed. How can i succeeded? Please help anyone. Thanks...
  7. Problems to delete a big file in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems to delete a big file in OneDrive: I have a file with size of 1.69 GB and cannot delete it in OneDrive This file is not synch with my local drive. I tried Edge and Internet Explorer - also tried new and classic OneDrive UI Microsoft asked for logs but did not send any solution (yet) I hope to have any...
  8. Problem deleting files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem deleting files: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 Pro after switching to a SSD. I now have a bizarre problem. Files that were created before the reinstall cannot be deleted. Files created after the reinstall can. I'm talking about docs, pdfs, jpgs, ect. I can open, copy and move the files, I...
  9. Problem deleting Internet temp Files

in Browsers and Email
    Problem deleting Internet temp Files: When I go to control panel and then storage, under Internet temproray Files, it shows 3.5GB. When I try and delete it, Windows has a message saying it will delete it and to be patient, but it does not delete anything. Boot up the computer again and it still shows 3.5GB. If...
  10. Notice problem when I delete a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Notice problem when I delete a file: Hi, I have a PC and a Notebook with Windows 10. On the PC Desktop when I want to delete a file I press on the "CANC" Key and I get a notice "Want to move this file to the Trash"? When I make the same action with the Notebook, I just press "CANC" Key, that file goes directly...