Windows 10: File dialogs hang internet access

Discus and support File dialogs hang internet access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello!I've been experiencing an issue with Windows recently, and I've been doing a lot of troubleshooting without a way in sight to fix it.Essentially,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GandhiChan_, Jul 9, 2021.

1. File dialogs hang internet access

Hello!I've been experiencing an issue with Windows recently, and I've been doing a lot of troubleshooting without a way in sight to fix it.Essentially, whenever a file dialog usually Save As in the browser, experienced both in Firefox & Edge is created, internet access hangs for a bit as it attempts to reconnect.If doing a ping -t in cmd, it displays a typical error message while the problem occurs.Here's a pastebin with some censoring for privacy with a network adapter troubleshoot result whilst repeatedly triggering the issue.https://pastebin.com/TMaXiLT2I've read a lot about this is

:)

GandhiChan_, Jul 9, 2021
  2. DRDNA Win User

Recover access database

Did you try this yet? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283849

Run the Compact and Repair utility. To do so, follow these steps:
    • If the database is open, close it.
    • On the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
    • In the Database to Compact From dialog box, select the file that you want to compact, and then click Compact.
    • In the Compact Database Into dialog box, enter a new file name, and then click Save.

If the compact and repair does not succeed, you will receive a message stating so. This means the damage is so severe that it cannot be corrected.

DRDNA, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Uploading Image Files dialog box not including JPEG files

Hello,

If you have a jpeg 2000 file format it will not work with Internet Explorer due to incompatibility or security reasons.

We suggests that you try the steps below:

Method 1: Reset zones to default

• On Internet explorer > Go to Tools.
    • Click Security > Click on Reset all zones to default level

Method 2:

• Go to the website you want to upload the files.
    • Click on Tools drop down.
    • Choose Compatibility View Settings > Then add the website.
    • Refresh the page and try to upload the files again.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

File dialogs hang internet access

Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      File dialogs hang internet access [​IMG]
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

Tenforo, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

File dialogs hang internet access

1. File dialogs hang internet access - Similar Threads - File dialogs hang

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  4. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow / Hanging Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow / Hanging Internet: Hey all,I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. I have reasonably fast internet via ethernet. However, every browser + website is slow, occasionally hanging for 10s-20s at a time.No other device in the household behaves this way. I have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10...
  6. Slow / Hanging Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow / Hanging Internet: Hey all,I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. I have reasonably fast internet via ethernet. However, every browser + website is slow, occasionally hanging for 10s-20s at a time.No other device in the household behaves this way. I have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10...
  7. internet access to .jar file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet access to .jar file: I am trying to run a .jar file on my computer, but my computer wont give internet access the the .jar file, is there any way i can fix this? or am i out of luck....
  8. Windows Explorer hangs when accessing Office files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer hangs when accessing Office files: Hi, I have a strange issue with Windows Explorer. If I try to access an Office file only tried Word and Excel files then Explorer hangs and requires a restart via Task Manager. I have tried a number of other file types and they are OK. A reboot of the PC did not stop the...
  9. window 10 hangs onSAVE AS dialog box

in Windows 10 Support
    window 10 hangs onSAVE AS dialog box: i have window 10 installed on my laptop lenovo v470 it sometime hangs on save as dialog box i canot understand what the problem is? does anyone know about this problem i appreciate your help thanks 70716
  10. File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible

in Windows 10 Support
    File open dialog: Quick access™ not accessible: Hiyas, for some applications I can't expand/see/modify Quick access category. It onlly shows in left pane collapsed. If I click on random folder in file browser part and choose rightclick menu Pin to Quick access, I get error message Incorect parameter. Weird, appreciate any...