Windows 10: File Directory Issue

Discus and support File Directory Issue in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; All, First of all I just wanted to say everyone has been very helpful on my past PC issues. Your help is greatly appreciated. Here's my problem:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by craigmh74, Mar 18, 2018.

1. craigmh74 Win User

File Directory Issue

All,

First of all I just wanted to say everyone has been very helpful on my past PC issues. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Here's my problem:

A few weeks back I had to reinstall Windows 10. After completion I noticed a problem with File Explorer. When I open it up I noticed some of the icons were white boxes. After a few minutes of being online the directory would diminish some. Instead of the normal hierarchy format with all the folders, now there are only a few folders and I can't extend the hierarchy. Also, the file explorers is taking some time of loading (green bar on top). There seems like to be a memory issue.

Here's what I tried so far.

• checkdisk
    • scannow
    • reload icon cache

I've attached some screen shots on a Word document to give you some visual aid. Any suggestions???

Take care,
    Craig

:)

craigmh74, Mar 18, 2018

2. File Manager will NOT create Directory Names or Rename a Directory

8:11 PM 2/10/2016

8. The File Manager will NOT create Directory Names

Nor will it Rename a Directory

It works Making Files, and Renaming them - just Not Directories.

I even used the Clean Manager on all unimportant files,

then Optimized (Defrag) the file structure, and Shutdown the system,

then Rebooted the system from cold. No Good. Still Failing.

The Windows Defender is up to date - Today.

No known issues were reported there.

9:02 PM 2/10/2016

------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I went too fast and left some info out.

I have an HP Pavilion Desktop System,

and am running Windows 10, version 1511,

and use a Wide Screen Monitor.

As I have been doing for years, I create the directory

in the Windows Explorer (Not Internet Explorer) that

has always been considered the File Manager.

As always, I create the Directory, then Move (or Copy)

the desired files into that Directory.

Yesterday the File Manager STOPPED Making Directories.

It also won't allow a Directory to be Renamed.

And it won't allow a Directory to be Moved.

I have resorted to using the DOS Command Console

to Create and Remove desired Directories.

I issue the "md" command to Make a Directory.

I issue the "rd" command to Remove a Directory.

This is a longer and tedious way to work, but being

an old hand at DOS it is the only File Manager I have.

I would like to obtain a downloadable version of

Windows 10, v1511 (or the latest version)

so that I can re-install it as is necessary.

KennethLilly, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Missing Files with Windows 10

I am having the same issue also. I do see the Windows.old directory, I was able to find my old directories with no files in them. All of my files are missing.

OrlandoJames, Mar 18, 2018
Thema:

File Directory Issue

1. File Directory Issue - Similar Threads - File Directory Issue

2. "No such file or directory"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "No such file or directory": Hi.I installed a library for VS Code called "SDL2" and when I include it in my code editor, it seems fine at first but when I run my code, I keep getting this error that I can't resolve: "SDL2/SDL.h: No such file or directory."This is where the file is located:...
  3. "No such file or directory"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No such file or directory": Hi.I installed a library for VS Code called "SDL2" and when I include it in my code editor, it seems fine at first but when I run my code, I keep getting this error that I can't resolve: "SDL2/SDL.h: No such file or directory."This is where the file is located:...
  4. "No such file or directory"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Directory: Can you compare the content of two different directories in Windows 11?I have a Lenovo Yoga 7i with Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Thank you for any information....
  6. File Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Directory: Can you compare the content of two different directories in Windows 11?I have a Lenovo Yoga 7i with Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Thank you for any information....
  7. File directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File directory: Is there anyway to revert back to the old format, this new one is awful. submitted by /u/Mystreanon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nfm3lv/file_directory/
  8. Directory Sharing Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Directory Sharing Issue: I want to send a friend my crash report for an application, he knows how to fix it. But in loads of places, it lists my directory, C\Users\<MyName>, and when I search that up on google, it shows ALL my files. Is it safe to send the report to my friend, without risking the...
  9. File Path Directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Path Directory: Hi, Recently I've changed drive letters which changed all of my installed applications file paths. Now the applications won't open with the error message, "specific file path not found" (something like that) I tried changing back the drive letters through Disk management and...
  10. Directory file problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory file problem: Hi staff, Been using my brand new laptop for 3 days now, and I'm still a bit clumsy with Windows Edge... So from the directory I want to remove a picture file that by accident was loaded from an usb twice. Must have done something wrong 'cause the map is not removable and...