Windows 10: File directory

Discus and support File directory in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there anyway to revert back to the old format, this new one is awful. submitted by /u/Mystreanon [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mystreanon, May 18, 2021.

1. File directory

Is there anyway to revert back to the old format, this new one is awful.

submitted by /u/Mystreanon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mystreanon, May 18, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, May 18, 2021
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, May 18, 2021
  4. File directory

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, May 18, 2021
Thema:

File directory

1. File directory - Similar Threads - File directory

2. Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...: I don't have anything to add. My questions sum up the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/without-any-change-on-my-part-files-are-now-being/032711b3-30f6-46c3-9d61-cd306f5cfaaa
  3. Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...: I don't have anything to add. My questions sum up the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/without-any-change-on-my-part-files-are-now-being/032711b3-30f6-46c3-9d61-cd306f5cfaaa
  4. Without any change on my part, files are now being saved to a OneDrive directory instead of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "dir/s/b" Command Prompt not picking-up all the files in a directory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "dir/s/b" Command Prompt not picking-up all the files in a directory.: I'm using the command in Command Prompt that goes "[a directory] > dir/s/b > [to a text-file]". When applying this to certain folders in the Windows OS—"C:\Users\Administrator\""C:\ProgramData\Packages\""C:\Windows\ServiceState\"in particular—it doesn't manage to get the...
  6. "dir/s/b" Command Prompt not picking-up all the files in a directory.

"dir/s/b" Command Prompt not picking-up all the files in a directory.: I'm using the command in Command Prompt that goes "[a directory] > dir/s/b > [to a text-file]". When applying this to certain folders in the Windows OS—"C:\Users\Administrator\""C:\ProgramData\Packages\""C:\Windows\ServiceState\"in particular—it doesn't manage to get the...
  7. Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...: Hi I have set myself as an administrator, I have ran the Command Prompt, I refreshed the pages, but it still wont let me extract the folders from the .exe folder, and it always says"Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...
  8. Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...

Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...: Hi I have set myself as an administrator, I have ran the Command Prompt, I refreshed the pages, but it still wont let me extract the folders from the .exe folder, and it always says"Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Psychedelic...
  9. I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory: Here the script but showing errorimport osroot = os.path.join'..', 'panda'for directory, subdir_list, file_list in os.walkroot: print'Directory:', directory for name in subdir_list: print'Subdirectory:', name for name in file_list: print'File:', name printAnyone help what was...
  10. I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory

I'm trying to display the structure of your file system directory: Here the script but showing errorimport osroot = os.path.join'..', 'panda'for directory, subdir_list, file_list in os.walkroot: print'Directory:', directory for name in subdir_list: print'Subdirectory:', name for name in file_list: print'File:', name printAnyone help what was...