Windows 10: File disappear accidentally

Discus and support File disappear accidentally in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I just occurred a massive file deletion and I don't know what the heck to do with Windows anymore. I'm using Win 10, not sure which version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chen Qiong, Apr 2, 2020.

1. File disappear accidentally

Hi guys,

I just occurred a massive file deletion and I don't know what the heck to do with Windows anymore. I'm using Win 10, not sure which version it is.

I captured photos from a video and saved them continuously to a new folder I created on the way. I was saving the 150th photo then this**** happened. I opened the folder to check the photos and accidentally deleted one. I pressed Ctrl + Z to undelete it but somehow I got thrown back to the bigger folder I think I pressed it twice, which means the Ctrl + Z I just typed was for the folder I was working on. Basically Windows understood it as undo the creation of the folder, and when I redo the action redo the folder creation,a "New Folder" appeared with no files in it???

Ahhh I was so shock. I didn't expect this situation would happen. I tried searching for the disappeared files in the bin but there was none. This was like100x worse than deleting a file out of will. Deleted files can be found in recycle bin, then where do the existing files in an undone folder go? There has to be a solution to this ASAP. My files were not that hard to remake so I did it manually anyway, but there are other people with super important files and Windows just let this slip through their hands?

Please develop useful feature like keep every existing file in restoration, not just the files that are literally deleted. Honestly, the percentage of wanting to restore a manually "deleted" file is lower than an accidentally "disappeared" file. Literally.

Nice job Windows.

:)

Chen Qiong, Apr 2, 2020

2. Recycle Bin disappeared

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with recovering your accidentally deleted pictures as Recycle Bin has disappeared. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the instructions provided below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Go to click View option.
    • Double click on Options, on the top right windows
    • Go to View tab.
    • Check on "Show hidden files, folders and drives ".
    • And uncheck on "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)".
    • Click on Apply and
      OK
      button.
    Step 2:

• Now, go back to File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC, from right hand side panel.
    • Double click on C drive.
    • Right click on $Recycle.Bin
    • Select Send to option.
    • Click on Desktop (create shortcut).
    The recycle bin shortcut shall be created on the desktop.

Note: Check on "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" by follow step 1.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Apr 2, 2020
  4. File disappear accidentally

Accidentally uninstalled windows

I accidentally deleted an urelated application wrongly, by installing the files directly...had to do a reset and office disappeared- I have two CDs that came with my laptop but they don't seem to have anything related to office. any suggestions?

GeneralBorg, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

File disappear accidentally

1. File disappear accidentally - Similar Threads - File disappear accidentally

2. File deleted accidentally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File deleted accidentally: Where is the trash bin in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-deleted-accidentally/98e95b04-7eef-4387-b070-51941edc672c
  3. File deleted accidentally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File deleted accidentally: Where is the trash bin in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-deleted-accidentally/98e95b04-7eef-4387-b070-51941edc672c
  4. Disappearing Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing Files: Recently, stuff written to my hard drive disappears without warning.1 I spent many hours last night writing a Python script. in IDLE. As you will be aware, each time we run a script in IDLE, it necessarily saves it before running. I modified and rant hat script many times in...
  5. File / Folder Disappeared While Accidentally in File Explorer. Any Recourse?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File / Folder Disappeared While Accidentally in File Explorer. Any Recourse?: I have been editing an audio file in Premiere and, while transferring something over from photoshop and unknowingly tabbed into File Explorer, hit some keys I shouldn't have???. This resulted in file and folder being wiped off the face of the earth. Not in the recycle bin....
  6. File disappearing

File disappearing: Sir my father have a windows 10 laptop from DELL company and I have a windows 10 laptop from HP company, but the problem is that some of the important files from my father's laptop are being transferred into my laptop in .xls form and being disappeared in his desktop. How...
  7. File disappearing.

File disappearing.: Hello,A couple of months ago I tried to download a plug-in for after effects called, Saber, by video copilot, but when I install the file, it disappears after a couple of seconds, I have tried to install it on another location but it just disappears....
  8. disappearing files

disappearing files: All my word document seem to have gone into the one drive. However I cannot access any of them, the computer tells me they are not available, nor are they available in the C Drive any ideas where I can retrieve them from please I have now found the files but they are only...
  9. Disappearing Files

Disappearing Files: Twice now I have transferred jpg files from my android phone to my computer running windows 10 only to have them disappear later. I know the photos initially transferred properly as I see them in the folder. I have opened some of them and even edited them on the computer. I...
  10. ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES: I accidentally deleted files from Downloads Folder using Clean Now button (it can be found in Settings - Storage - Click on "Change how we free up space automatically". I forgot that I didn't have a back up copy of all my files in the Downloads Folder but at that time I...