Windows 10: File display size

Discus and support File display size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the 1903 update, whenever I open a file that is pinned to the taskbar, it opens as a thumbnail, even though they are set to open maximized. how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john3650, Jul 16, 2019.

1. john3650 Win User

File display size

Since the 1903 update, whenever I open a file that is pinned to the taskbar, it opens as a thumbnail, even though they are set to open maximized. how do I get them back opening maximized?

Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

:)

john3650, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jul 16, 2019
  3. how to enable normal/bigger size from small font size in toolbar and next to icons

Hi Tim,

For us to address you concern, we suggest following these steps on how to increase the text size of toolbars, application labels and folder names:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Under Related settings, select on Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size, change specific items on your preferred text size then click on
      Apply.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Mary Sau Win User

File display size

Font Size File Explorer Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • Does it happen only with your File Explorer?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of the item that you want the font or the box to be adjusted?
    For the meantime, if you simply want to change the font size, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings.
    • In the Settings, choose System -> Display -> Advanced display settings -> Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • In Change only the text size drop-down, choose Icons. Adjust what size you prefer and click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

File display size

1. File display size - Similar Threads - File display size

2. Display size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display size: A black bar on the left side just showed up. It makes everything looked jammed together. How do I make the display wider? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-size/7413f451-540c-47be-8ef0-efd2fac627e3
  3. Display size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display size: I have two Dell laptops with Windows 10 that I use sometimes with an LG Ultrawide monitor. One will use the full width of the display but the other only uses 75% of the width of the display....
  4. changing the display size

changing the display size: At one point in time, before MS decided to do thing backwards, I was very easily able to find how to change my screen size. Now with the unorganized and just a mess of settings between having settings and control panel and numerous options located in numerous locations for...
  5. Display size

Display size: I have vision problems. Is there a way to increase the size of my image, text, and all, in one single setting? I am using Windows 10, Outlook, Facebook, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-size/61ee8731-e314-4aa8-abdb-a00178ab6020
  6. display size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    display size: windows does not use my full screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-size/b2ba69d3-4173-4d79-8b77-42f1eca2959e
  7. How to display files size with File Explorer?

in Cortana
    How to display files size with File Explorer?: Can File Explore display a file size (bytes) without opening the file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-display-files-size-with-file-explorer/73380b2a-b28d-49f8-8816-eb95e2e73a14"
  8. Screen display size

Screen display size: How do I change the size of my screen display. I have a monitor inside a cabinet but the cabinet isn't wide enough for the screen so most of the icons on the left side are hidden. I need to make the display narrower. Thanks....
  9. Display size problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Display size problem: Sorry. Not quite sure which section to put the question in. I've been using Windows 10 for about a month, having upgraded from Windows 7, and suddenly the display of all items and windows has gone 'very large'. App windows fill the screen, Firefox window is only 75% or...
  10. Display size

in Windows 10 Support
    Display size: I am having problems with not being able to see all of my windows in different programs. I'm guessing I need to change my display size. When I go into settings, it shows it is set at 125%. However, it is grey and does not allow me to slide it over to 100%. What have I got set...